01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-2CD2386G2-IU camera dropping off the network?

BOneZee

Hi all,

I've had a single camera on my network for sometime working fine, but in the last 2 weeks It's started to disconnect from the network.

Unplugging the cable from my POE port on my firewall, in effect reboots the device and on reboot it continues to operate, then sometime later (days) it happens again.

The only thing I think it could be related to was a firmware update I did a few weeks back and wondered whether this was something experienced by anyone else (searched the forum and only similar issues I could find was those using an NVR)

Cam: DS-2CD2386G2-IU
Firmware: V5.5.160 build 210416

As a temporary test I'm now using a POE injector and plugged into a port in my switch to eliminate part of the equation. But I'm not going to be surprised if it repeats again within a few days.

Attachments

• hik.jpg
    hik.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 175
Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
Hi @BOneZee

If it happens again while connected to the PoE injector can you please update the camera to the latest firmware - v5.5.800

Hi Dan,

Thanks for replying, and the link to the FW, as you say I'll wait and see what happens.

Side note and appreciate this is a side topic, but do you know if their are any optimal guides for Image and Video/Audio settings for devices that are standalone (I'm currently using 264+ as my synology NAS Security Camera suite doesn't like 265+)

Thanks though for the sterling swift response on my original query, top man.

Rgds,

B

Hi @BOneZee

There aren't really any guides to the optimal image settings because the settings vary with every scenario/install location.

If you provide us with screenshots/downloaded snapshots of your cameras current live view, we can then advise if any of the image settings might improve your image.

Hi,

So it's been 7 days on the POE injector and it finally dropped again. Applying firmware now and will see if it has any positive results. Fingers crossed.

As for the settings, see below. As it's currently a single camera I've got it recording to local SD and Synology NAS Surveillance, like I mentioned before I keep it on 264+ else the NAS complains the video isn't playable in the browser.

To be fair I'm pretty happy with the results, at night it'll go almost pitch black with street lights going off.

day.jpg
night.jpg

deepnight.jpg

Capture1.JPG

1image adjustment.JPG

2exposure settings.JPG

3day night switch.JPG

4backlight.JPG

5whitebalance.JPG

6image enhancements.JPG

7videoadjustment.JPG

In regard to Camera dropping off the network, i have found on some occassions the IP Address of the Camera (if DHCP is unchecked) being issued to another network Device.
Check if the DHCP is unchecked in the Network Settings of the Camera. if enabled, then uncheck DHCP, this is potentially providing the Camera with a static IP address.
If DHCP is unchecked & the camera still drops off the network, you might need to reserve the IP Address or MAC Address for the Camera in your Router settings

Back