01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS-7608NXI-I2 / S - Motion Detect 2.0 - no Detection.

Hi all,

hope u all are doing well?
I am new in this forum, and I hope I can get some support and as well share some of my knowledge :).

Currently I have some issue with the new 7608NXI-I2 / S (C) NVR
I have 4 cameras connected and configured everything as motion detect 2.0 engine.

As an event I activated the motion detect 2.0 and as well the notification to the surveillance center.

But until I run the motion detect 2.0 engine , I don't get at all any motion detection, notification or what ever.

If I go for the normal motion detection (without Vehicle / Human detection) I get the notifications and as well all motions will be detected.

All the best,
Nick

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-20 um 14.29.43.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-20 um 14.29.43.png
    74.9 KB · Views: 257
  • Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-20 um 14.29.59.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-20 um 14.29.59.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 256
  • Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-20 um 14.29.56.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-20 um 14.29.56.png
    189.9 KB · Views: 247
  • Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-20 um 14.29.53.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-20 um 14.29.53.png
    166.5 KB · Views: 232
Hi @nick.hikvision

What cameras do you have connected to the NVR please, and what firmware versions do you have installed on the cameras and NVR?

You can check the firmware on the Basic Information page, you may need to enable the virtual host feature to check this on the cameras though:

Just to confirm the issue, are you saying that motion detection works and you receive alerts when you disable Motion Detection 2.0, but that the event does not seem to work at all when it is ticked / turned on?

Hi Kyle;

Thanks for your Feedback,
I can confirm regarding the Motion Detection 2.0! If I disable Motion Detection 2.0. I receive alerts...

Regarding the Firmware Question:
NVR
DS-7608NXI-I2 / S
V4.61.050 build 220714

Camera 1:
DS-2CD2186G2-ISU
V5.7.3 build 220112

Camera 2:
DS-2CD2086G2-I
V5.5.131 build 200220

Camera 3:
DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3
V5.6.15 build 191211

Camera 4:
Door Station WTE2 :)

Thanks for your support.

Nick

Hello

You have to change the record mode. In your week-schedule, it's coloured blue everyday, which means continous recording. Change it to green which is motion detection.

Best regards,
Safe Secure
Inge Gjersoe
Hikvision installer Norway

Hello

You have to change the record mode. In your week-schedule, it's coloured blue everyday, which means continous recording. Change it to green which is motion detection.

Best regards,
Safe Secure
Inge Gjersoe
Hikvision installer Norway
Hi,
this isn't able to change to change.
1 is the setting in the event it self and the other during the storage setting pls see the to screenshots.
at the event I can only draw with the blue color...
Nick

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-28 um 09.05.51.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-28 um 09.05.51.png
    160 KB · Views: 153
  • Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-28 um 09.05.19.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-07-28 um 09.05.19.png
    158.2 KB · Views: 171
I've just been taking a look at our DS-7608NXI-I2/8P/S with that same V4.61.050 firmware.

I can confirm that the only way to have Motion Detecion 2.0 working is to use the "Motion2.0" engine in System>VCA Configuration:

1659001115536.png

Using either of the other two options will give me this message:

1659001198269.png

I think that there may be an issue with the German firmware that you have which is why it still seems to give the option to turn Motion 2.0 on/off rather than the above message, which is why it isn't working.

But basically, the other two engine options dedicate most of the NVR's processing power to face recognition or "Perimiter Protection" (smart events).
  • If you use "Motion2.0", you will not be able to use the smart events (now under the perimeter protection menu on the local GUI, which are intrusion detection, line crossing detection, region entrance / region exit detection) or face recognition.
  • Using the "Face Recognition" engine will prevent Motion Detection 2.0 and the above smart events from working.
  • Using "Perimeter Protection" will block the ability to use face recognition and Motion Deteciton 2.0.
Even for me, there seems to be a bug with the web browser interface which makes it look like you can use these options when they're in fact not available, but if you test on the NVR's local interface it should be clearer which options aren't available when you try to use them.

On the local interface go to Smart Analysis>Engine Settings to switch between the options.

Hi Kyle,
thanks for your fast response.
I guess it is just a translation error. Motion 2.0 it is called VMD Human Vehicle.
On the local machine I switched to English, and activated Motion 2.0 and I can confirm in that case the Face Recognition and Perimeter Protection are not activated and not working.

Motion 2.0 is activated for all channels and as well linked to the Engine...

Hm.

Hi,
this isn't able to change to change.
1 is the setting in the event it self and the other during the storage setting pls see the to screenshots.
at the event I can only draw with the blue color...
Nick
Click on the green alarm button, and drag and hold the mouse-cursor on the time schedule table to mark the timeline.
1. Go to System → Event → Normal Event → Motion Detection . 2. Configure the motion detection and select the channel (s) to trigger the recording when motion event occurs. 3. Go to Camera → Encoding Parameters → Recording Parameters . 4. Set the event main stream/sub-stream recording parameters for the camera. 5. Go to Storage → Recording Schedule .
Select the recording type to Motion. 7. Drag the mouse on the time bar to set motion detection recording schedule.

Hi Safesecure,
I try all what u mentioned, please see the pictures by yourself.
But still the system is not messaging any notification with those settings.

Anything what I am doing wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_3350.JPG
    IMG_3350.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 233
  • IMG_3349.JPG
    IMG_3349.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 256
  • IMG_3348.JPG
    IMG_3348.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_3347.JPG
    IMG_3347.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 197
  • IMG_3346.JPG
    IMG_3346.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 215
Hello Nick,
Ok.
Picture 1: img_3350 Good to notice that you managed to go green on the record schedule.
Picture 2: img_3349 Remove the marker from the checkbox (AI)
Picture 3: img_3348 Pay no bigger attention the the arming schedule when you are using motion detection.
You can e.x. have motion detection between 0900-1200 P.M and continous from 1200-1600 etc.
No changes need to be done here.
Picture 4: img_3347 I assume that you have drawn an area to mark the region of the motion detection area?
You need to decrease/lower the sensitivity. When the value is about 60%, the camera will capture almost every single
movement in the motion area. An insect, a fly, mosquito and mouse will be captured from 60%-65% and up to 100%.
You should adjust the value to 20%-30%
Picture 5: img_3346 Change the bitrate type from constant to variable. Set the video quality to medium or higher.
Adjust the frame rate value from full frame to 18-20. Set the bitrate to max 6144, depending on your internet speed.

Please let me know if you solved this issue.

Best regards,
Safe Secure
Inge Gjersoe
Norway

Hi Safesecure,
I try all what u mentioned, please see the pictures by yourself.
But still the system is not messaging any notification with those settings.

Anything what I am doing wrong?
One more thing......
You mentioned that the system is not messaging. Are you referring to your app on your phone?
iOS or Android?
You have to enable push notifications on the settings menu (more - settings - push)
This is individually based settings for the app itself.

You also need to tap the nvr icon in the app (your device), and you need to tap the three dots up in the right corner, choose
settings and activate the notification.

Hello Nick,
Ok.
Picture 1: img_3350 Good to notice that you managed to go green on the record schedule.
Picture 2: img_3349 Remove the marker from the checkbox (AI)
Picture 3: img_3348 Pay no bigger attention the the arming schedule when you are using motion detection.
You can e.x. have motion detection between 0900-1200 P.M and continous from 1200-1600 etc.
No changes need to be done here.
Picture 4: img_3347 I assume that you have drawn an area to mark the region of the motion detection area?
You need to decrease/lower the sensitivity. When the value is about 60%, the camera will capture almost every single
movement in the motion area. An insect, a fly, mosquito and mouse will be captured from 60%-65% and up to 100%.
You should adjust the value to 20%-30%
Picture 5: img_3346 Change the bitrate type from constant to variable. Set the video quality to medium or higher.
Adjust the frame rate value from full frame to 18-20. Set the bitrate to max 6144, depending on your internet speed.

Please let me know if you solved this issue.

Best regards,
Safe Secure
Inge Gjersoe
Norway
Hi,

thanks for your feedback :)

If I remove in the picture 2: the AI Marker on the checkbox, I camera is not connected to the engine of the NVR - but the idea is to use the engine and motion detect 2.0

Regarding the sensitivity, that's why I want to use a AcuSense NVR to detect humans and vehicles but not mosquito or mouse anymore :)?

But maybe I missunderstanding something in the Hikvision settings.

Again Thank your for your feedback and your time to troubleshoot the issue with me :).

/Nick

Hi Guys,
i am now in contact with the Hikvision RnD, and they are trying to solve the issue, with remote live session.
But currently it doesn't seems that easy, but as far I understand - it seems they have a fault with video decoding in the ai engine, which can create errors.
Attached I make some movies, an recording session...
If I get a final result I let u know!

/nick

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-16 um 13.11.10.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-08-16 um 13.11.10.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 171
Back