01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision DS_2CD2345FWD-I headache! Showing offline on app, no device on web portal :(

GemmaM

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping you can help. My Dad had a Hikvision DS_2CD2345FWD-I camera installed at a new build he is hoping to move into. There isn't currently an internet connection so the camera is running off a 4G enabled SIM card. This was installed by a local electrician and I don't think he's set it up properly / isn't a registered Hikvision installer.

The issues I've found are:
The camera appears on SADP when I've visited the property and is 'on' (I've attached a screenshot)
The IP address is generic 192.168.0.100
My Dad set up a Hikvision account using the app and I found the camera when I went on the app but it appeared offline
On the web portal it says 'no device found'

I've tried entering the IP address into a web browser but it takes me to a portal that doesn't recognise my Dad's details.

Hikvision have told me they can't help as I am an 'end user' and told me to contact a local installer. My Dad has paid silly amounts of money to this electrician and so we are reluctant to ask him back as he obviously didn't set the camera up properly in the first place. I have found a registered installer locally but again we are reluctant to pay out any more money.

Any ideas?

Do I need to be at the property to add the device to his web portal? Is it likely to work when we get hard wired internet put in? (I was thinking I could then change the IP address to that of the property?) I'd like some step by step things to try and then I can go through a process of elimination.

So many questions!

I'd be so grateful if anyone could help.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 13.23.31.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-10 at 13.23.31.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 125
Hi @GemmaM

Can you just confirm that the "4G enabled SIM card" you describe is installed in a 4G router?

You say you have tried the IP address in the browser but the login page it takes you to does not accept the password you have, this would suggest you have the wrong login details which is common with less experienced installers.

You are likely going to have to hard reset the camera to set a new password to access it with a browser and properly set up Hik-Connect.

If you can wait it may be best to do this once you have the internet connection installed because once that happens you will likely have to do further network configuration to get the camera working on the new network range.

Upvote 0
Yes that's right Dan, it's a 4G router directly connected to the camera.

I had a feeling we would have to wait until hard wired internet is installed and that we would have to do a hard reset, I'm hopeful that will work - wish me luck! :)

Reactions: Dan
Upvote 0
Back