01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Issue with Motion Detection Event alerts all the time and other issues

will_k

Hi,

I have a Hikvision DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR with 4x Hikvision DS-2CD2386G2-ISU 8MP AcuSense Fixed IR Turret Network Cameras.

The 4 cameras connect to a POE switch, which connects to my router. The NVR also connects directly to my router. I have a few questions in addition to the motion detection issue that I hope someone could kindly help me with:

1. For one of my camera (camera no.1), I seem to be getting very weird behaviour, I have motion detection on a small area, with 60 sensitivity, but the bell icon seems to show even when there is no movement at all, it stays on constantly, and doesn't even disappear once. It only disappears when I disable motion detection. The "Arming schedule" is set to continuous ALL the time, as I want to capture any motion at anytime, and the linkage action is to email or notify me.

1617708875473.png

The odd thing is, if I stand infront of it, it doesn't record, it just shows the bell icon. At night time, the bell disappears and acts normal, if I step infront of it, it records!

2. When I try to set a line detection, I get a "Parameter error" when I try to save, so it doesn't save at all.
It seems I can enable the line detection if I directly log into the camera IP. Is this because I need to set a Max and Min Size? I'm guessing on the web based version, it sets a default max and min size when you don't specify it, instead of showing the error like in NVR.
1617709260388.png

3. Should motion detection and line detection be set on the NVR or on the camera directly? Does it matter? It seems to sync to the NVR and vice-versa anyway right?

4. When I increase the resolution of the cameras to 3840*2160(8MP), I get "NO RESOURCE" error on Live View for random cameras, it will be a different camera randomly, when I change it back to 3072*1728, it seems fine:
1617709488738.png

5. I'm using ProConnect+ for my Andriod phone, but what desktop app should I use to view cameras on my computer?
I heard HikCentral and iVMS-4200, but the first sounds like its for big companies and the 2nd one you have to run a server?
I would prefer not to directly log into the NVR directly and use the web based version as it seems slow and not user friendly.

Many thanks,

Will

Last edited by a moderator:
Back