01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS 4500 and iPad.

scooby73466

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I hope someone is able to help me please. We have a CCTV network with some cameras and an NVR, all Hikvision iVMS4500. I am a Windows person really and so have the controls etc. all on a desltop. But we both have an iPad that I have previously downloaded the app. to them and we can see the cameras on them. But I recently bought a new iPad and for the life of me can't see how to get the CCTV onto it. It is connected to the router alright, Internet and emails work as they should. And the other half has downloaded the Hikvision iVMS 4500 app but I just can't remember how I got the CCTV on the other iPads (it is quite a long time ago !)

I know the wi-fi name, Encryption, etc. but would someone be so kind as to tell a dullard like me how to get it up and running please ? TIA for any help given.

On an iPad that is already setup in iVMS app - go to "Devices" (I think you click the top-left three horizontal lines icon) then "Devices" within that menu.

It will list what devices you are linking to (either NVR or cameras) and how you are connecting to each. It may say "IP/Domain" or "Hik-Connect Domain" or something else. How you setup your new iPad will depend on how you are connecting to your devices, so let us know.

If Hik-Connect you will need your previous Hik-Connect account login details. For more info see one of the many great How-To's that use-IP have provided and are pinned at the very top of this HikVision forum. Here for example:

Thank you for that reply and for the link. I will investigate further tomorrow and come back to you. One thing that I don't understand is that when I access the NVR and the programs on my Windows desktop all refernce to what is preumably a version No. is iVMS-4200 which is how it was when the complete CCTV system was installed 5 years ago but the 2 iPads that have working versions already on them both show iVMS-4500

Last edited:
Thank you for that reply and for the link. I will investigate further tomorrow and come back to you. One thing that I don't understand is that when I access the NVR and the programs on my Windows desktop all refernce to what is preumably a version No. is iVMS-4200 which is how it was when the complete CCTV system was installed 5 years ago but the 2 iPads that have working versions already on them both show iVMS-4500
Don't worry about the iVMS-4200 / iVMS-4500 thing - I don't know why they called the app iVMS-4500 but that's the mobile app and I don't think there ever was a iVMS-4200 mobile app. And likewise, there is no iVMS-4500 for PCs - they are two totally different bits of software just with confusing names.

Don't worry about the iVMS-4200 / iVMS-4500 thing - I don't know why they called the app iVMS-4500 but that's the mobile app and I don't think there ever was a iVMS-4200 mobile app. And likewise, there is no iVMS-4500 for PCs - they are two totally different bits of software just with confusing names.
Ah, I understand now. Thank you very much.

Had to go and do other things but back again now. I will repeat that I am not an iOS person although I do in fact have a mini iPad. I was middle aged when I grew up at the DOS prompt computerwise way back in the 80s so learning new tricks is not getting any easier. And so I am eternally grateful for all the help that is given to me.
But I just can't see how to connect the other half's new iPad onto our Hikvision CCTV system. To repeat, the iPad is connected to our router and in that regard all works well. And I have downloaded the Hikvision iVMS-4500 app. But when I click the icon I get the following screen (Image1.jpg) I don't want to "Add Device" and so then I click More (bottom right). When I do that I get Image2.jpg I have gone further than this (Settings) but just feel that I am in totally the wrong place. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 164
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 146
Find the "Devices" page on the iPad that is setup and working, and post a screenshot of that. That will show if the working iPad is connecting directly (Direct IP) or using the Hik-Connect service. I suspect it will be using Hik-Connect, if so, follow the guide I already linked which details how to add devices using the Hik-Connect portal and device serial numbers.

Find the "Devices" page on the iPad that is setup and working, and post a screenshot of that. That will show if the working iPad is connecting directly (Direct IP) or using the Hik-Connect service. I suspect it will be using Hik-Connect, if so, follow the guide I already linked which details how to add devices using the Hik-Connect portal and device serial numbers.
I hope this is what you were asking for. I'm not sure if it is relevant of not but I blanked out the IP adresses which were actually both the same.Thank you for your continued patience. EDIT I'm unsure now as to what I downloaded out of the App store onto the new iPad. It was only purchased 8 days ago and I don't think I was attempting to put the CCTV viewing on it until I had got it all connected up to the router.

Attachments

• Image3A.jpg
    Image3A.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Just to check that you are aware that the iVMS-4500 App has been discontinued:
Yes, I just looked in the App store again and can see that it isn't available. I am totally out of my depth here but are there 2 different methods of connecting to the CCTV system ? Hik-Connect being one and then another way using the "iVMS" version ? I would be quite happy to delete the app that I installed on the new iPad and start all over again. Thank you for your help and patience.

I hope this is what you were asking for. I'm not sure if it is relevant of not but I blanked out the IP adresses which were actually both the same.Thank you for your continued patience. EDIT I'm unsure now as to what I downloaded out of the App store onto the new iPad. It was only purchased 8 days ago and I don't think I was attempting to put the CCTV viewing on it until I had got it all connected up to the router.
So you are connecting directly using an IP address. On the iPad that is not setup simply add a new device, select "Manual Adding", register mode "IP/Domain" as the type of connection and enter the details the same: The IP address, the port, the username and password. You only need those 4 bits of information.

If you have forgotten the admin password then see here for your options.

So you are connecting directly using an IP address. On the iPad that is not setup simply add a new device, select "Manual Adding", register mode "IP/Domain" as the type of connection and enter the details the same: The IP address, the port, the username and password. You only need those 4 bits of information.

If you have forgotten the admin password then see here for your options.
Thank you. When you say "select Manual Adding" do you mean that I need to click the "Add Device" option in Image1 as shown in #6 ? I do have a record of the password. I noticed that in Image3A in #9 that it says "Camera No. 3" Do I have to do this for each camera ?

EDIT If there is an easier method of connecting this new iPad to the CCTV circuit maybe I should start all over again and delete the app that I downloaded and download another one but I don't know which app I would need to download.

Last edited:
We have made progress ! Everything that was on the old iPad was copied onto the new one and I was told that if I went into the App store and looked at the "Purchased" option I would find iVMS-4500. And sure enough it was there. And so I now have our camera system on the new iPad running on iVMS-4500. So far - so good. BUT. I have only got our 2 dome cameras to work on there, I can't get the PTZ to work (we have only got the 3 cameras altogether) The image below shows what can be seen on the screen. I have partially deleted what I think are the IP addresses for the NVR but they are all the same and are correct.
Can anyone tell me please what I need to do to get the PTZ showing on the screen ? Thank you.

Attachments

• iPad4.jpg
    iPad4.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 135
Back