01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Line Crossing Detection Intermittently Failing at Night

Carphone

Hi All

I am still a newbie at much of this but have been fine tuning my settings as best I can. I recently noticed that my line crossing detection was not being tripped for some vehicles at night. I would say it works 75% of the time at night and is perfect in the day time.

Check out the video to see what I mean (you will see the line does not go red):

First thoughts are the headlights are giving the algorithm a hard time. Are there any settings that would improve this? Or maybe if i upgrade to an I series NVR it will have more processing power (currently using a 4CH K series)?

Camera is a 4MP ColorVu - both Camera and NVR on the latest software.

Thanks as always!

Dan

Any improvements yet?
Does it improve if you place the line anywhere else in the scene / vary the angle?
Or is always poor at detecting?

Hi Phil,

Still testing this (been distracted with upgrade to v4 on my NVR which is crashing it lol). I did one change though to move the line but still noticed it happening. It is hard to test thoroughly / quickly though as not many cars drive by a night time at the moment and it does get it right 80% of the time.

The only thing I have changed so far is actually drawing a min and max box when logged into the camera directly. I draw a big box for max and tiny box for min (not sure what the default settings were, but I have never changed them).

I was also interested if the V4 upgrade would help this issue but as it keeps crashing I am about to roll back.

I think I will ebay my K series NVR and buy an I series - part of me thinks this K series box does not have enough processing power.

Thanks as always

Dan

Update - still happening even though I added my own min and max boxes.

I am going to try switching to H264 as an experiment, I worry 265 is to processor intensive and so causes this issue. Will let you know if that works.

Failing that - will try an I series NVR rather than K.

Thanks

Back