01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Low quality live view when viewing on NVR via its IP address in the browser?

saunders1989

Hi,

I had recently upgraded my NVR to the latest 4.60 but it had caused issues on the hik connect app with green squares showing. I since downgraded to (V4.51.025 build 210927)
and have issue with that but since downgrading when I do a live view on the NVR via the IP address on the browser the quality of the video is really poor. I am using the main stream to view it. Here is an example of the poor quality video when viewing over IP.

1643539173557.png

Here is the video I can see on IVMS 4200, You can see the lines in the storage box is much clearer. Im pretty sure this was never a problem before i upgraded then downgraded.

1643539213823.png

Here is my video settings:

1643539284821.png

Last edited:
From your first image above it looks as if you have screen captured just one quarter of a quad view.
In a quad view it is likely that you will be seeing the sub-stream quality.

Hi @Phil that is correct it is a screen grab of 1 quarter of the quad view. is it still a sub stream even if on the left had side i have this? saying im viewing the main stream?

1643643480687.png

Can you send a screenshot of your main stream video settings, please?

They're in Configuration >> Video/Audio >> Video :

Vid settings.png

I think that it's still showing you the sub-stream resolution as you're in a quarter pane, despite it saying that the main stream is selected.

If you double-click the camera into full screen, does it display in the full main stream resolution?

ahh yes!! when i double click things look so much clearer. do you have any recommend settings for sub stream? just something a bit clearer when viewing in this view? I won't be using this view often or even at all but on the off chance i do i'd quite like a bit clearer pictures

Ah good :)

These are what we use for the sub-stream, you can always try a higher "video quality", H.264 encoding, and increasing the max bitrate around 768Kbps:

1643648140343.png

There are some other good recommended settings here:

Back