01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware M-Series Firmware v5.03 Released

Does this fix the issue with villa access devices (specifically the DS-KV6113WPE1(C))? I can't for the life of me find the release notes :-/

From here - Door Station & V5

Thanks for sharing @kraven.
Does this fix the issue with villa access devices (specifically the DS-KV6113WPE1(C))
I've been told that is should fix that, but I'm going to test that this morning - I'll come back and confirm soon :)

It doesn't seem to be fixed :(

I can add our DS-KV8113-WME1(C) to the camera list as a 'HIKVISION_RTSP' device, just as before, but trying the 'HIKISION' protocol throws up the "Device Type Mismatch' error again.

I'll take this information back to Hikvision now...

• Mouse wheel scroll still inverted
  • If I'm logged in live viewing on the web browser locally on the LAN using username and password, Hik Connect live stream is locked out and won't load any stream from any camera
  • Timeline loading times are still appalling in Hik-Connect app - up to 20 seconds plus

Last edited:
Thanks @JB1970 - all reported and I've asked if they're aware of these issues.

With regards to outdoor stations, Hikvision have explained that they're still working on this fix, which should be released in V5.0.4 next month.
So, until then, the only way to add them to M-Series NVRs is by adding them as HIKVISION_RTSP cameras.

• If I'm logged in live viewing on the web browser locally on the LAN using username and password, Hik Connect live stream is locked out and won't load any stream from any camera
  • Timeline loading times are still appalling in Hik-Connect app - up to 20 seconds plus
Have you downloaded, and installed, the new plugin? I've installed the new firmware and the plugin and have no issues with live view.

Have you downloaded, and installed, the new plugin? I've installed the new firmware and the plugin and have no issues with live view.
It's a weird one and I only happened upon it by accident as I never use a browser to view the cameras. I have a Mac so use Safari; that in itself doesn't work properly. It'll play fine if you select the main stream, but when you select the sub stream it'll load the stream and freeze at that point (so just a still image). However what I found here was that if I bring the NVR live view up in my browser (which works) and then go to the Hik-Connect app on my phone, I cannot view any camera, whether main or sub stream (HD or Standard); the stream fails to load and eventually times out with an error. As soon as I stop the live view in the web browser, Hik-Connect shows the streams as normal. There's no way I'm exceeding either the maximum number of connections or the maximum outgoing bandwidth of the NVR.

These have been reported - the first and second issues are being looking into by Hik HQ (hopefully we'll finally get some feedback on the inverted mouse scrolling navigation).

For the third issue, they have advised the below:
This is related to the network environment of the recorder. It may take a longer time to get the playback streaming if in an unstable network.
Has anybody been able to test different NVR models on the same network to verify that M-Series timelines are much slower to load in-app, please?

These have been reported - the first and second issues are being looking into by Hik HQ (hopefully we'll finally get some feedback on the inverted mouse scrolling navigation).

For the third issue, they have advised the below:

Has anybody been able to test different NVR models on the same network to verify that M-Series timelines are much slower to load in-app, please?
It's not related to an unstable network in my case. The connection for playback is to the NVR and all of my cameras are connected to it. I can start playback from one camera and it'll take 1 - 2 seconds to load the timeline, then I swipe to the next and it might take 22 seconds.

Two things that are a disaster (I'm catastrophising again):

1 - No access to snip, digital zoom etc while in space rule playback.
2 - Trying to position a line/adjust a polygon in space rule search. I have the mouse speed set to the slowest setting. The handles that differentiate moving the entire line at its current angle vs extending/shortening/swinging the line are so close together it's nigh on impossible. What was the issue with the previous method? Clicking the start and the end point took literally one second whereas trying to adjust and move the default line makes me want to launch the mouse across the room. Same for polygon - old method was just click, click, click, click, complete in two seconds. New method is try to land the mouse pointer on each axis of the predefined polygon with pixel perfect precision to manipulate it around the screen. I've no idea how Hikvision could get something so wrong...

It's a weird one and I only happened upon it by accident as I never use a browser to view the cameras. I have a Mac so use Safari; that in itself doesn't work properly. It'll play fine if you select the main stream, but when you select the sub stream it'll load the stream and freeze at that point (so just a still image). However what I found here was that if I bring the NVR live view up in my browser (which works) and then go to the Hik-Connect app on my phone, I cannot view any camera, whether main or sub stream (HD or Standard); the stream fails to load and eventually times out with an error. As soon as I stop the live view in the web browser, Hik-Connect shows the streams as normal. There's no way I'm exceeding either the maximum number of connections or the maximum outgoing bandwidth of the NVR.

I can log in and live view on PC with Edge browser, and at the same time I can open Hik-Connect and view all cameras in both HD and standard.

The timeline loads as quick as two seconds on one camera and over twenty on another.
I still think its down to the number of events in the timeline. The one that took just two seconds has just a few markers and the one that took over twenty seconds has dozens more

I can log in and live view on PC with Edge browser, and at the same time I can open Hik-Connect and view all cameras in both HD and standard.
Mine seems to be working ok now, in that I can view a live stream on Safari and Hik-Connect will also work fine. It may have been some anomaly immediately post upgrade.

Live view in MacOS Safari is broken however:

• Live view main stream loads ok but soon displays a message that the M series does not have enough resources. That's just for a single camera.
  • Live view transcoded stream ok
  • Live view sub stream - loads the current image and immediately freezes
  • Playback - loads the image and immediately freezes. You can drag to a new position in the timeline and that's repeated.
Then you get this in Safari:

Screenshot 2024-05-04 at 09.44.25.png

I'm hardly going to reduce the camera resolution and can't reduce the number of connected (streaming) cameras to less than one!

Last edited:
Thanks all, I'm checking and raising these issues gradually with Hikvision.

With regards to the mouse scrolling, unfortunately, their HQ are saying this was a deliberate change and so doesn't need fixing...
I explained that it made more sense how it was before, and reversing the way this works makes it feel unnatural, so can't say why this has been changed.
BTW, I also mentioned that it was changed during the V4 firmware releases, and has been this way for at least a year...
According to the reply from the HQ. It is not a ‘problem’, the mechanism of the mouse wheel scroll was changed since GUI 5.0.
If the users are not used to this new mechanism, we can do an evaluation of the firmware customisation based on the unit number and project scale.

Maybe if enough people complain, they'll change it back...

Thanks all, I'm checking and raising these issues gradually with Hikvision.

With regards to the mouse scrolling, unfortunately, their HQ are saying this was a deliberate change and so doesn't need fixing...
I explained that it made more sense how it was before, and reversing the way this works makes it feel unnatural, so can't say why this has been changed.
BTW, I also mentioned that it was changed during the V4 firmware releases, and has been this way for at least a year...

Maybe if enough people complain, they'll change it back...
Well if the new change of forwards to go backwards is intended, maybe we just need to report that every single NVR and DVR that doesn’t work that way needs changing as they are now the wrong way. I think I’ll start driving on the right hand side of the road (and tell the Police it was an intentional change of habit)

maybe we just need to report that every single NVR and DVR that doesn’t work that way needs changing as they are now the wrong way.
I left it with them by saying essentially this, and that it seems illogical / unnatural to change it :(
I'm quietly hoping it will 'suddenly' change back now HQ have a video showing the behaviour, as it seems like a simple thing to sort...

Back