01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware M Series NVR - New Firmware 4.63.000 available [has confirmed Hik-Connect bug]

No worries :) if I spot it before you (unlikely), I'll follow up with a link to the new firmware.
@Kyle - Hikvision Support have just sent me a download link to a firmware patch for the Hik-Connect issue in 4.63.000. Fingers crossed....I'll report back once I've tried it over the weekend. Still 4.63.000 but with a build of 230427

Last edited:
Thanks @JB1970 - let us know how it goes.
I'll ask for it to test too, they must like you more than me! :)

I've just e mailed the link for your attention to info at use-ip e mail.
@Kyle - it looks like the update is corrupt.
  • All cameras show connected but black screen for main streams, sub streams and in all preview windows within the local config.
  • All cameras are showing connected, showing recording and showing that they're streaming in the maintenance pages but there is no recording following the update
  • Hik-Connect shows online and linked but Hik-Connect will not display images and neither will Hik-Partner Pro
  • Everything is normal in the logs
  • The cameras are functional as I can use Virtual Host and view the streams normally in a web browser
Edit: After downgrading the firmware it's back working again. Unfortunately the downgrade only kept the IP address and I've had to activate it and program the system from scratch. Disappointing - I e mailed support regarding the problem.

Last edited:
Oh dear - I've just black screens for all connected cameras on both local and web. Connected but no video
I have had this firmware for a while now. No issues with the blackscreens. Only issue I have noticed is live view and play back does seem slower via Hikconnect app

Inhave had this firmware for a while now. Mo issues with the blackscreens. Only issue I have noticed is live view and play back does seem slower.
This is a different build just sent to me directly from Hikvision. It's not available for download yet

New version out!

Lets hope this one fixes the issues ;)
Hope you have better luck than me trying to instal it. :(
error.jpg

Ahh yeah, just noticed the build numbers slightly different
New version out!

Lets hope this one fixes the issues ;)
Where? Portal and UK product page still show the original release of 4.63.000 230412

Edit: Found it 4.63.005 on the global web site. It seems strange that Hikvision sent me a patch version when an official version was coming out the next working day…

Last edited:
Have tried the new FW now and can confirm that all functions seems to work as they should arm/disarm etc.. :)

Have tried the new FW now and can confirm that all functions seems to work as they should arm/disarm etc.. :)
@mkssab Arm and Disarm (that weren't working on 4.63.000) began working when Hik-Connect was updated to 5.2.1, however 'Arm Silently' still didn't work. That should send the event and clip to the app notifications list but without a push notification. Can you try 'Arm Silently' and let us know what you see? Thanks

@mkssab Arm and Disarm (that weren't working on 4.63.000) began working when Hik-Connect was updated to 5.2.1, however 'Arm Silently' still didn't work. That should send the event and clip to the app notifications list but without a push notification. Can you try 'Arm Silently' and let us know what you see? Thanks

Confirmed. Still sends notifications in silent mode

4.63.005 build 230512 that @mkssab found has now also appeared on the uk product page as well:

Can anyone confirm that only the site " owner " has access to the arm/disarm functions ?

Would be nice to be able to give that access also to other users...

No . In silent mode the app still gives me the notification sound..
I would say that's still not working then? There are three options Arm, Disarm, Arm Silently:

Arm - Arms the area, gives a push notification, delivers the event and clip to the Hik-Connect app, allows audio and strobe alarms if linked.
Arm Silently - Arms the area, no push notification, delivers the event and clip to the Hik-Connect app, audio and strobe alarms off.
Disarm - Disarms the area, no push notification, no event or clip to the Hik-Connect app, audio and strobe alarms off.

If you still get the notification, then there's no difference between Arm and arm Silently which is what I'm seeing on 4.63.000 with the latest Hik-Connect. Prior to the latest Hik-Connect there were only two options using the Bell icon - Enable and Disable. Enable should have worked as 'Arm' as described above whereas Disable should've worked as 'Arm Silently' but with the bug it did nothing.

Back