01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware M Series NVR - New Firmware 4.63.000 available [has confirmed Hik-Connect bug]

Can anyone confirm that only the site " owner " has access to the arm/disarm functions ?

Would be nice to be able to give that access also to other users...
I think thats the case. I think if the site gets shared to you, then all you can do is mute the alerts from whatever is armed. It would be bad news if a non site owner got annoyed by the notifications and disarmed the site so that no one received them. If you want other users to be able to arm/disarm you'd need to to just share the account details I think.

I've just loaded 4.63.005 now. Unlike the patch version I was sent I've got pictures as opposed to black screens, so that's a start!

I'll have a mess on a bit later to test the alarms with Hik-Connect. I have my cameras grouped into 4 areas - Front, Side, Garden, Rear. It should be possible to have the Front completely 'Disarmed' (no push), the Side 'Armed Silently' (event goes to app without a push notification) and the Rear 'Armed' (push notification on the phone Home Screen, audio and strobe light enabled)

Yes of course :)

File is digicap.dav

Version DS-7616NI-M2/16P

Still refusing to pass 61% when uploading.

Any ideas anyone.??
I'd probably try a full Shutdown rather than reboot. From the local interface use the icon in the top right corner and 'Shutdown'. Wait for the message to power down then do that - power it down completely. Wait a couple of minutes then apply power again. Wait for the system to fully boot and all cameras to come back online before attempting the firmware update again.

Maybe something is being retained from your previous failed attempt at upgrade that'll get cleared with a full power down. Worth a try....

I've just loaded 4.63.005 now. Unlike the patch version I was sent I've got pictures as opposed to black screens, so that's a start!

I'll have a mess on a bit later to test the alarms with Hik-Connect. I have my cameras grouped into 4 areas - Front, Side, Garden, Rear. It should be possible to have the Front completely 'Disarmed' (no push), the Side 'Armed Silently' (event goes to app without a push notification) and the Rear 'Armed' (push notification on the phone Home Screen, audio and strobe light enabled)
It's not been fixed and the bug remains:

1 - Set the area to 'Arm'. Push notifications come through, event displayed in Hik-Connect app notifications tab. Area card shows 'Armed', camera on Home Screen shows 'Armed'. That is displayed correctly and works correctly.

2 - Set the area to 'Arm Silently'. Push notifications come through, event displayed in Hik-Connect app notifications tab. Area card shows 'Armed Silently', camera on Home Screen shows 'Silenced'. That is displayed correctly but does not work as it should. While the event should still be visible in the app, no push notification should be received on the phone.

3 - Set the area to 'Disarm' Push notifications do not come through, event is not displayed in Hik-Connect app notifications tab. Area card shows 'Disarmed', but camera on Home Screen shows 'Silenced'. That works correctly but does not display as it should (Silenced instead of Disarmed [which displayed correctly in 4.63.00])

Disappointing....

I'd probably try a full Shutdown rather than reboot. From the local interface use the icon in the top right corner and 'Shutdown'. Wait for the message to power down then do that - power it down completely. Wait a couple of minutes then apply power again. Wait for the system to fully boot and all cameras to come back online before attempting the firmware update again.

Maybe something is being retained from your previous failed attempt at upgrade that'll get cleared with a full power down. Worth a try....
SUCCESS.!!!! :)
Thank you so much for that advise, I did try a "Re-Boot" but would still not work but a "Full Shutdown" did the trick.

Latest firmware installed and now getting the preview in areas that wasn't displayed before same as you guy's..

Again thanks very much. Great tip worth remembering. ;)

Success.jpg

NEW FIRMWARE.jpg

SUCCESS.!!!! :)
Thank you so much for that advise, I did try a "Re-Boot" but would still not work but a "Full Shutdown" did the trick.
I'm guessing that the previous attempt where it didn't work possibly held that file in the memory and the power down dumped it leaving room to load the file again. Glad you got it sorted.

Back