01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Motion detection and email on event not working?

HenrysCat

Hi, we have NVR model NVR-108MH-C/8P with firmware V4.76.015 build 240125 connected to IPC-D150H-MU cameras.

I am trying to set it up to record video with motion detection 24 hours/day but only send email alerts between 7pm and 6am

Under storage I have these settings,

Storage.jpg

Under events I have these settings,

Events.jpg

emails work fine during the scheduled times but this seems to stop recording of video from 6am - 7pm also, does this sound normal or have I missed something?
Thanks all

Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
Hi @HenrysCat

You have set your recording schedule correctly so that it only saved recordings when motion detection is detected at any time.

However, motion detection will be disabled during the white periods on your arming schedule, which is why you are not getting and recordings between 6am and 7pm.
I.e. motion detection cannot be triggered during this period, and therefore no recordings are being saved.

I don't think there is a way to schedule when email notifications are set, but you'll need to fill out the whole arming schedule to be blue to get the recordings your missing.

If you use the HiLookVision app instead, and set up push notifications on this, then you should be able to turn these on and off in the app as necessary.

That's your recording schedule, so you fill this out to specify when the NVR will and won't record, and whether the recording is continuous, triggered by motion detection / another event, or triggered by one of the alarm inputs on the NVR.

The arming schedule just determines when your event is active or not.

So, if your recording schedule is for recordings to only be saved during an event, then that event will need to be active for the recording to save.

However, if your recording schedule is set for continuous recording all of the time (our usual recommendation), then recordings will be saved 24/7, even if the event is not active in the arming schedule.

This guide explains how recording schedules work in detail:

However, if your recording schedule is set for continuous recording all of the time (our usual recommendation), then recordings will be saved 24/7, even if the event is not active in the arming schedule.
Thanks, seems daft you cannot have motion detection all of the time in the recording schedule even when the event is not active in the arming schedule.

Back