01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Motion detection

sgjohnston

Any hints on getting motion detection to work effectively? I've got an NVR (4 port K series) with 2 cameras. I've tried to set up motion detection, and initially got a continuous stream of events, which appear to be leaves on a bush... I've backed the sensitivity way down, and now I'm not convinced that I'm getting any events. And when an event occurs, I get an alert via iVMS on my phone, but the events never seem to be visible in the NVR web interface, iVMS on a Mac (using search) or even on the phone in the playback timeline. So actually finding a scene that caused the even is virtually impossible. I can see if there ever was a real event, having to sit through hours of playback to find it.

thanks for any help...

The NVR is a DS-7604NI-K1-4P, and I think the firmware is the latest - v3.4.90. I also think the cameras are on the latest version, although it's a pain to find out without connecting directly to them. I've played around with this more, and I have to say it's very frustrating, the motion detection seems to be effectively worthless :-(

Restore to all NVR and cameras too. Start from the beginning. Enable Virtual Host to go directly on ipc's menu. Enable motion detection nvr and directly from ipc .

Back