01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

No audio on live / playback via iVMS-4500 (android app)

JT_Singh

Hello there - Hope you all are doing well.
I recently installed a few hikvision cameras:
  • Hikvision DS-2CD2346G2-IU(2.8MM) 4 MP AcuSense IR Fixed Turret Network Camera
  • Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1-LU (2.8MM) 4MP ColorVu Fixed Turret Network Camera
  • Hikvision DS-7616NI-K2/16P Embedded Plug & Play 4K NVR
My understanding is that both the camera models have built in mics. If I try to access the audio via the NVR web login, I can hear the audio for each of the cameras in live and during playback. But when I try to access them via iVMS-4500 android app:
- I can't hear live audio in any of the cameras
- I can hear playback audio on a few cameras
All cameras have their settings as "Video&Audio" and with Audio set to MicIn and Environment Noise Filter ON. Also the NVR settings are to record audio. That's why I can hear audio when I use the web browser to access it.
But given that 90% of the time, I use the app on my phone to access the cameras, the current situation is not very helpful.
Can you help with this? What can I do to fix this audio issue in the app? If this is an app issue, is there any other app I can try instead of iVMS-4500?

Comment

Hello there - Hope you all are doing well.
I recently installed a few hikvision cameras:
  • Hikvision DS-2CD2346G2-IU(2.8MM) 4 MP AcuSense IR Fixed Turret Network Camera
  • Hikvision DS-2CD2347G1-LU (2.8MM) 4MP ColorVu Fixed Turret Network Camera
  • Hikvision DS-7616NI-K2/16P Embedded Plug & Play 4K NVR
My understanding is that both the camera models have built in mics. If I try to access the audio via the NVR web login, I can hear the audio for each of the cameras in live and during playback. But when I try to access them via iVMS-4500 android app:
- I can't hear live audio in any of the cameras
- I can hear playback audio on a few cameras
All cameras have their settings as "Video&Audio" and with Audio set to MicIn and Environment Noise Filter ON. Also the NVR settings are to record audio. That's why I can hear audio when I use the web browser to access it.
But given that 90% of the time, I use the app on my phone to access the cameras, the current situation is not very helpful.
Can you help with this? What can I do to fix this audio issue in the app? If this is an app issue, is there any other app I can try instead of iVMS-4500?

Comment

Just replied to your question on the "other forum" (username John Williamson). You need to make sure you've set the sub stream to Video AND Audio not just main stream. Hik Connect is the newer better supported app

Back