01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P - Any ideas why I cannot get the 7th and 8th cameras online?

Ben Leach

I am trying to add camera 7 and 8 to my NVR DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P.

The configuration, camera management, IP Camera page shows the following:

1617561119008.png

For camera 7 and 8 the status is Offline (user name or password error) and the join url is 192.168.1.210:65007 whereas the join url for the online cameras are XXX.XXX.X.XXX:80 where XXX.XXX.X.XXX is the camera IP address.

Any ideas why I cannot get the 7th and 8th cameras online?

Thanks

Ben

Solution
It's possible/likely that cameras 7 & 8 are set to plug and play in the NVR settings. So when you connect your pre activated cameras to those ports with a ready configured admin password, it doesn't match the NVR admin password/default IP camera activation password and so throws that error.

Using the local NVR GUI/locally connected monitor/TV. Go to the camera settings, click edit (to the right of the IP address), change from plug and play to manual, enter the cameras IP address and admin password and save it. Repeat for the other camera.

If these cameras are connected directly to the NVR PoE ports (not remotely on the LAN), I'm not sure why you've added them the way you have (on the LAN subnet) as it's possibly overcomplicated...
I am trying to add camera 7 and 8 to my NVR DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P.

The configuration, camera management, IP Camera page shows the following:

View attachment 5524

For camera 7 and 8 the status is Offline (user name or password error) and the join url is 192.168.1.210:65007 whereas the join url for the online cameras are XXX.XXX.X.XXX:80 where XXX.XXX.X.XXX is the camera IP address.

Any ideas why I cannot get the 7th and 8th cameras online?

Thanks

Ben
I should add that if I configure the 7th and 8th (192.168.1.212 and 192.168.1.222) cameras as one of the first six cameras they work fine, i.e. the problem seems to be about setting up the NVR to be able to interface to eight PoE cameras.
Thanks
Ben

Upvote 0
It's possible/likely that cameras 7 & 8 are set to plug and play in the NVR settings. So when you connect your pre activated cameras to those ports with a ready configured admin password, it doesn't match the NVR admin password/default IP camera activation password and so throws that error.

Using the local NVR GUI/locally connected monitor/TV. Go to the camera settings, click edit (to the right of the IP address), change from plug and play to manual, enter the cameras IP address and admin password and save it. Repeat for the other camera.

If these cameras are connected directly to the NVR PoE ports (not remotely on the LAN), I'm not sure why you've added them the way you have (on the LAN subnet) as it's possibly overcomplicated setup for you without any benefit. Using plug and play would have put the cameras on the 192.168.254.xxx network. This keeps all camera traffic segregated from your network, prevents the cameras from being directly exposed to the internet, allows them to be plugged in straight from the box without programming them and they can still be accessed directly from your LAN using Virtual Host.

Upvote 1
Solution
Back