01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

NVR Recording & Cameras Query

Barry C

A couple of question about NVR recording and which HIKVision NVR & cameras to buy. I am looking at a POE 4 or 8 port and the HIK K series options look to be in my price range however on reading the forums I am put off by the lack of a V4 firmware. Is it likely these units are approaching EOL and will be replaced in the short term as it doesn't look like they will received V4 firmware? If so I should hold off a bit.

Also, I have been looking at the various camera options and see that you recommend flat faced domes. and see details on features to handle spiders webs/sunlight/leaves/foxes etc to stop recording. I'm wondering of the relevance of this as isn't the norm for a NVR to record all cameras continuously?

If the NVR can be configured to record on motion only then isn't the image processing to determine motion done on the NVR hence rendering these features useless? Or is it the case that the camera itself does the image processing and sends a signal to the NVR to record when it detects motion of a person/vehicle?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Barry

We really don't know any more about whether the -K NVRs will get V4 firmware - they have not yet - it does not bother most customers (we ship them pretty much every day).

There are new models due sometime soon, but by soon we are now 'guessing' April-on.
Search EasyIP 4, Acusense, ColorVu - Hikvision have been talking about these new models since last June!

We do recommend recording continuously, but all the benefits of turret cameras still apply.

Video Motion Detection (VMD) can be configured in either the camera or the NVR.

Back