01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Just not able to figure out why motion recording does not work for all cameras except 1!. What gives?

slicksilver79

Hi everyone

This is what I have :

Model : DS-7616NI-Q2 - 1 Unit
Model : DS-2DE2C200SCG-E - 1 Cam
Model: DS-2CD2023G2-IU - 13 Cams

All of them are updated to their latest FW. I have restored my NVR recently just to see if it problem goes away but it still doesn't budge. I just cannot get motion recording to work on pretty much all my cameras except 1. The one where motion recording works is on ch 13 - 192.168.0.29. My record schedule is setting to motion recording for all cameras/channels but for some unknown reason no recording happens at all. I get "playback failed. No record file error" when I look for footage. Recording is fine if its on continuous recording. All of them record fine. Its only when motion recording is set that they dont record. What's happening?

Attachments

• 2023-07-17_22-13-46.png
    2023-07-17_22-13-46.png
    81 KB · Views: 117
  • Screenshot_35.png
    Screenshot_35.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_37.png
    Screenshot_37.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 106
It could be several things but at a guess the camera that's working has motion detection enabled and configured correctly whereas the others don't? The second shot is the NVR record schedule, where you're telling the NVR whether to record continuously, on motion, on alarm, on event etc. However for it to record on motion, that event needs to trigger in the first instance. You need to enable motion detection for each camera and set a detection area, sensitivity etc:

Configuration > Event > Basic Event > Motion Detection

For each camera enable it, draw the area and sensitivity. Click the arming schedule tab and ensure that's set for 24/7. Lastly in linkage method, make sure that the appropriate channel to record is ticked, D1 for Cam 1, D2 for Cam 2 (these are set by default so they're likely to be already set)

Upvote 0
That was it! Thank you. I had no idea that the detection area had to be drawn. Can they not be drawn/set en masse for all the cameras without having to do it one by one?

Upvote 0
That was it! Thank you. I had no idea that the detection area had to be drawn. Can they not be drawn/set en masse for all the cameras without having to do it one by one?
No it's individual by camera (as the settings are stored in the camera not the NVR). Every camera view is different and you don't necessarily want to configure the detection area full screen.

Upvote 0
Back