01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Replacement of Existing ZOSI NVR System?

DavidG

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum, hoping someone can advise.

I currently have a ZOSI ZR04RN10 4 channel NVR system. This has 4 PoE 1080P cameras.
I wired the system using the supplied ethernet cable, it is 2pr twisted rather than standard 4 pair twisted, and replaced the 1TB drive with a 3TB drive.

From the start it has crashed regularly without warning.
I wish to replace the system as it is becoming increasing unreliable.

1) If I choose another system can I use the existing wiring as is, or does it need to be changed to standard ethernet 4pr twisted?
2) Can I use the existing ONVIF cameras, are they compatible with other NVR systems?
3) Are there any recommendations for a reliable 4 channel NVR 1080p or better?

I am in the UK, I can spend around £500-900.
I am assuming they all have similar features including remote access via a smart app?

Needless to say I would prefer to retain the original wiring if possible as I have put considerable effort in running the wires through the loft and into stud walls and I am not getting any younger.

David

Further to my above post - you can get ONVIF cameras to work with other systems, for the hikvision you need to power the cameras initially through a PoE switch and then reassign the IP addresses using some third party software to the same subnet as the hikvision, after which they will be recognised.

I decided to get hikvision cameras, but sadly they don't work on 2pr twisted wire cables.

Fortunately I managed to pull through standard ethernet cable and the new setup is working fine, apart from hik-connect isn't working properly with the latest iPhone OS 17.3.

Back