01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Smart Hybrid Light .. a real thing?

Dave Howard

Was reading on HIK web pages about this capability in Ultra cameras.
has anyone got it and on what models as the link for detail on HIK site gives a 404 oops message.

This says IR unless event, then white light, reverting to IR when event ends.

Thanks.

Was reading on HIK web pages about this capability in Ultra cameras.
has anyone got it and on what models as the link for detail on HIK site gives a 404 oops message.

This says IR unless event, then white light, reverting to IR when event ends.

Thanks.
The link was down when I checked the other day (as you mentioned) - it's working now. It's quite deceptive as it shows turret cameras and I know it's not available on the 33x7 Ultra series ColorVu models. However when you look at the linked page it's only available on the Ultra series HDTVi models. It's a very good idea though for those that prefer not to have the white LED permanently lit during darkness. Sure it's possible to increase the exposure time to a point where it won't come on but that's far from ideal - if the LED is coming on, then it's needed to produce a correctly exposed image.

Who knows - perhaps we'll see it in the generation of ColorVu IP models.

Upvote 0
Hi @Dave Howard

We spoke to Hikvision support about this yesterday and they confirmed that they would fix the links which as @JB1970 says seems to have been done.

They would not provide us with any information about the DarkfighterS models, it would appear that this is a brand-new technology that is not yet available in any IP camera model listed on the Hikvision website.

We will keep an eye out for new models with this technology and any more information on when they might actually be available to buy.

Upvote 0
They would not provide us with any information about the DarkfighterS models, it would appear that this is a brand-new technology that is not yet available in any IP camera model listed on the Hikvision website.
@Dan - The dual light models must be coming soon for IP. If you take a look at the release notes for the latest G2 model (G5 platform) firmware (5.7.12_230131), it indicates that it has added support for these new cameras:

1. New products: 2xx8 series dual-light products.

Additionally if you go further down that document and decipher the model codes there are a number of them listed that end with both 'I' (denotes infra red model) and 'L' (denotes white light model)

4 MP Dual light turrets listed here:

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 19.03.09.png

8 MP Dual Light vari-focal bullets here:

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 19.06.19.png

4 MP Dual Light domes:

Screenshot 2023-04-07 at 19.09.00.png

So I guess these will be the first to be released at some point, then we'll have another wait for 8MP turret version with live guard.

Upvote 0
Hi @JB1970

Thanks for sharing this information, we hadn't spotted these models in the latest release notes.

After speaking to our Hikvision UK contact this appears to be another situation of Hikvision HQ jumping the gun and making this information publicly available before their UK team has even announced it (there is a big Security Show happening in Birmingham at the end of the month so it could be the plan to launch the products there).

I will share the above model numbers with Hikvision support and see if they can provide any more information.

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
Back