01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Some camera settings not adjustable via NVR

greekgoddj

Hello,

I have a set of DS-2CD2347G1-LU 4MP ColorVu cameras connected to a DS-7604NI-K1/4P NVR. I want looking to adjust some settings on the cameras that don't seem to be exposed via either the NVR's OS or the NVR's web interface. For camera's have a light that comes on when dark which I want to be able to adjust the sensitivity etc. I don't see this setting accessible via the NVR. Am I right that I need to go directly to the camer's web interface? Similarly I though I would be able to check each camera's firmware version through the NVR but that doesn't see to be the case. Am I missing something?

Thanks

Hi @greekgoddj

You're exactly right in thinking you need to access the cameras' web interfaces directly.

If the camera is connected directly to the NVR's PoE ports, then you'll need to enable virtual host, which is explained in this guide - How-to: Using a Hikvision NVR's "Virtual Host" Feature.

If they're connected remotely, then you just need to use their IP address to access them.

To adjust the settings of the built-in light when you're logged in to the camera, go to: Configuration > System > System Settings > External Device > LED Light.

You'll be able to check and update each camera's firmware by logging into them directly too :)

Hi @Kyle many thanks.. Virtual Host is what I was missing! I have been looking for something like that since yesterday. Flicked it on, and now able to access the camera web interface directly. Thanks again!

Hi @greekgoddj
On DS-2CD2347G1-LU under line crossing detection and intrusion detection, are you able to draw min and max size or like in acusense cameras you can just click on "human" or "vehicle"? If not, do you have much false alarms? How many lines you can draw under line crossing?

Thx in advance.

Hi @greekgoddj
On DS-2CD2347G1-LU under line crossing detection and intrusion detection, are you able to draw min and max size or like in acusense cameras you can just click on "human" or "vehicle"? If not, do you have much false alarms? How many lines you can draw under line crossing?

Thx in advance.
Hi @sentinel44 good question. When looking through the NVR, I can set a single line and no options for min.max size or human or vehicle. When setting line crossing via the webcam's interface (bypass the NVR), then I get the option to set min/max size and still only a single line. Hope that helps. See you

Back