01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

The HDMI Live View output to my TV has gone AWOL!

blusnapper

Hi guys

I have made no changes... one day it was there, the next day just a blank screen.
The VGA menu output connected direct to my NVR is OK.

System:
Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2-8P with 8 Hikvision cams
V4.50.000 build 210126.

The system is configured to output Live View on the HDMI port to my my downstairs TV.
The Menu output is via a VGA monitor on my NVR. I have tried reversing the connections and the control menu outputs to HDMI and displays correctly. However I have no way of inputting my password. When I change back to Live view via HDMI I get a blank screen.

Any help is welcome. Many thanks.

Hi guys

I have made no changes... one day it was there, the next day just a blank screen.
The VGA menu output connected direct to my NVR is OK.

System:
Hikvision NVR DS-7608NI-I2-8P with 8 Hikvision cams
V4.50.000 build 210126.

The system is configured to output Live View on the HDMI port to my my downstairs TV.
The Menu output is via a VGA monitor on my NVR. I have tried reversing the connections and the control menu outputs to HDMI and displays correctly. However I have no way of inputting my password. When I change back to Live view via HDMI I get a blank screen.

Any help is welcome. Many thanks.
Do you need to have them separate, is there a reason not to also have the menu available on the HDMI output as well as the VGA? You can change that in the settings from your working monitor.

Try rebooting the NVR but also the TV. HDMI handshake issues are not uncommon and it may simply be a sync issue with the TV. This happens from time to time on my Samsung, when switching sources with different resolution and refresh rates; a long press on the remotes power button until the Samsung logo appears cures it for me.

Upvote 0
Do you need to have them separate, is there a reason not to also have the menu available on the HDMI output as well as the VGA? You can change that in the settings from your working monitor.

Try rebooting the NVR but also the TV. HDMI handshake issues are not uncommon and it may simply be a sync issue with the TV. This happens from time to time on my Samsung, when switching sources with different resolution and refresh rates; a long press on the remotes power button until the Samsung logo appears cures it for me.
Thanks for that JB, problem solved!

I eventually got the live view back on my HDMI port by changing both output ports to HDMI on the VGA monitor controlling my NVR. I note however that when I save the settings the video output changes back VGA? The live view stays on my HDMI port so not a problem.

The reason I keep the outputs separate is I have no way of controlling the system from the HDMI TV in my lounge. The TV is situated 25 feet away on a different floor and I use Picture in Picture to keep the live view from four of my cams viewable at all times via the HDMI output. Thanks once again. Eric

Upvote 0
New member, I stumbled across this thread yesterday when I was trying to work out what was wrong with my NVR, same as the OP, no HDMI but VGA working. But found no actual FIX on any forum.

I'm not going to say I'm an electronics engineer by any means, but I do know a thing or two (Motor-trade with experience in repairing PCBs with obvious damage).

I used a hot air soldering iron on the HDMI port and mine is working, pretty sure it was just a dry solder joint on the HDMI port. It Might be worth attacking each pin individually with a soldering iron if anyone else has this issue...

Upvote 0
Back