01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iVMS-4200 Time delay and freezing?

VPNuser

Both IP cameras connected (via PoE) with iVMS4200 on Windows 10 PC have time delay and freeze almost constantly.
Both cameras are fine on Hik-Connect app on iPhone.
I have ExpressVPN on this PC, otherwise standard set-up.
@Dan says no other customers have this issue and to try this forum.
Thanks in advance to anyone who may know what's causing this.
M

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @VPNuser

Can you please confirm the camera models you have and the firmware versions they are currently running?

What region of the world are you in? UK, Europe, somewhere else? Can you confirm what version of iVMS-4200 you are using?

Not sure if the same issue but I have been having quite a few issues with iVMS recently on Windows 11:

1) Often camera views get a time delay of up to several minutes. A close of the main view and re-start of the main view gets the cameras back to a current live view again. But for a security system that relies on a live view to be of any use this is a serious problem.

2) Often clicking on a camera view to switch to full-screen main stream it can take 30-seconds or more to get the main stream to show properly. If I close the main view and re-start the main view it seems to solve the issue for a while. Seemingly no pattern or regularity to this issue. Again, a serious problem for a security system.

3) Under normal running my iVMS (with 49 camera views) uses 1GB of memory and about 15-20% of CPU. But often now when I start it, it instantly uses many many GB of memory and 100% of CPU. Sometimes it almost kills the PC and I can barely even start task manager to kill it. A kill and re-start (or two) and I can usually get it back to running normally.

All issues only started happening at various times during 2023 and all persist to this day. I have updated to more recent versions lots of times (and un-installed/re-installed) but still have these issues regularly. Currently on v3.10.1.5 from the UK HikVision site.

What region of the world are you in? UK, Europe, somewhere else? Can you confirm what version of iVMS-4200 you are using?

Not sure if the same issue but I have been having quite a few issues with iVMS recently on Windows 11:

1) Often camera views get a time delay of up to several minutes. A close of the main view and re-start of the main view gets the cameras back to a current live view again. But for a security system that relies on a live view to be of any use this is a serious problem.

2) Often clicking on a camera view to switch to full-screen main stream it can take 30-seconds or more to get the main stream to show properly. If I close the main view and re-start the main view it seems to solve the issue for a while. Seemingly no pattern or regularity to this issue. Again, a serious problem for a security system.

3) Under normal running my iVMS (with 49 camera views) uses 1GB of memory and about 15-20% of CPU. But often now when I start it, it instantly uses many many GB of memory and 100% of CPU. Sometimes it almost kills the PC and I can barely even start task manager to kill it. A kill and re-start (or two) and I can usually get it back to running normally.

All issues only started happening at various times during 2023 and all persist to this day. I have updated to more recent versions lots of times (and un-installed/re-installed) but still have these issues regularly. Currently on v3.10.1.5 from the UK HikVision site.
UK. Don't know version. Where do I find this?
I use Windows 10. Cameras recently re-loaded themselves on iVMS4200; doesn't look right (see attached picture)
Thanks, M

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-22 085227.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-12-22 085227.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 53
UK. Don't know version. Where do I find this?

To see version - In the top bar of iVMS where it says "Logged In" - just to the right is an icon with three dots/lines. I think you click that and choose "About".

To see version - In the top bar of iVMS where it says "Logged In" - just to the right is an icon with three dots/lines. I think you click that and choose "About".
Thanks. V3.9.0.5 build 20230117

Thanks. V3.9.0.5 build 20230117
All I can suggest is you updating to the latest iVMS version from the UK site and see if that helps. When I last looked there was a different version number on the UK site, the European site and the international site! HikVision have always been pretty terrible with their firmware versions and websites/portals...

Although I would suggest you DON'T ever use a version from a non-UK site/portal. I have had serious problems in the past with non-UK firmware, I once had an issue where I once accidentally used non-UK firmware on some cameras. They worked fine until months later when I did an NVR update which then bricked the cameras with the non-UK firmware.

All I can suggest is you updating to the latest iVMS version from the UK site and see if that helps. When I last looked there was a different version number on the UK site, the European site and the international site! HikVision have always been pretty terrible with their firmware versions and websites/portals...

Although I would suggest you DON'T ever use a version from a non-UK site/portal. I have had serious problems in the past with non-UK firmware, I once had an issue where I once accidentally used non-UK firmware on some cameras. They worked fine until months later when I did an NVR update which then bricked the cameras with the non-UK firmware.
Thanks. The one on the left of this page?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-22 140430.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-12-22 140430.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 47
Back