01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to access my 7604 NVR on Local LAN via any WEB browser?

Well for the NVR and the cameras all is hardwired. I have a wifi configuration for wifi in the building with wi-fi extenders but as said I don't use it for the NVR and cameras

Are your PCs using wifi to connect to your network/router?

Could there be some issue with restrictions between the wifi network and the wired network config in your network setup?

It's odd that you can browse to the cameras, but not the NVR.
Can you reveal any more about what may be different about the network at those points?
Maybe a sketch of your network?

Maybe throw-in a temporary network cable to test how it works IF your PC is wired to the same switch as the NVR & cameras?

I think you said all the device addresses were set by the router, by DHCP?
So, no chance of a duplicate IP address?
Maybe try physically disconnecting the NVR, and test to see whether anything else appears when you browse to that address?

Sorry, clutching at straws now.
I'll sleep on it.

Hopefully, somebody else will jump-in with a spark of inspiration!

The PC I am working on to try to solve this problem is hardwired.
Your second question: I don't know, I don't think so but have to check. The wifi on my router is disabled. I have a seperate wifi network connected through hardwiring. I will check it by disabeling the different extenders. Cost some time which I not have today anymore.
A sketch I will make costs time also :)
What do you mean with the temporary network cable? NVR, camera's and PC are all wired to the same switch. Do you mean connect teh PC to a different switch or directly to the router?

I have just checked before your reply whether there were doubles. There aren't.

Disconnecting is a good idea. I didn't think of that.

Thx for all the support. I really appreciate it.

I just did a check on the cookie difference between the page viewing the camera and the page trying to view the NVR. I attached the different copies. The first one is the NVR the second the camera.

Maybe it is of any use.

Attachments

• Knipsel G.JPG
    Knipsel G.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Knipsel H.JPG
    Knipsel H.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 102
So the nvr is with poe ports, but they are not used?
is the nvr ds7604ni-1k-4p (c)? According the firmware version it should the C version.
Is the camera attached to the nvr or just to the switch?
Is your router is providing the IP address to all your devices or did you set fixed ipaddress?
can you make a picture from the backend of the nvr?
i had it once that i had to move the utp connector to another port on the switch.
is your router using ipv6 as well? Is it set to be active or not?
can you share a picture of the network setting in the nvr?

Last edited:
Your right, the poe ports of the NVR are not used. For the camera I use the poe ports of a switch.
It is a DS7604NI-K1/4P the (c) I don't know, there is a (c) in the label. I attached a picture of the label. I recently did an update of the firmware to the latest version "Firmware: Firmware_V4.71.000_220224 Applied to: DS-7604NI-K1/4P(C)"
The router provides the IP addresses. No address is fixed.
I attached a picture of the backend.
Switching to another port on the switch makes no difference.
The router uses IPv6 as well and is active.
I attached a picture of the NVR network setting.

I don't see the attached files so I attached them again.
It looks like it that I can't attach any files.

I don't see the attached files so I attached them again.
It looks like it that I can't attach any files.
you might try to insert the picture next to the text, i guess then it will be added automaticaly

Test image insert (I will delete)

1653038432307.png

I was just checking whether a problem with the forum software had occurred.
It seems fine, for me.
@John54 you inserted images earlier in this thread, so I'm not sure what's going wrong now.

BTW Most often, I just copy & paste images into the text of a Post.
There is no need to save, name, download, upload, etc.
It's quick & simple.

Reactions: mtv
Test image insert (I will delete)

View attachment 7595

I was just checking whether a problem with the forum software had occurred.
It seems fine, for me.
@John54 you inserted images earlier in this thread, so I'm not sure what's going wrong now.

BTW Most often, I just copy & paste images into the text of a Post.
There is no need to save, name, download, upload, etc.
It's quick & simple.
loud & clear ;)

I think the pictures are to big so I will make them smaller in size and try again

Another try with the pictures

Attachments

• Knipsel I1.JPG
    Knipsel I1.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Knipsel J1.JPG
    Knipsel J1.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 112
  • Knipsel K1.JPG
    Knipsel K1.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 113
Sorry, I still cannot see a likely problem cause.

I wondered overnight whether you might be using home-made cables.
Home made cables are a notorious problem, especially when things 'almost' work ;)

I can see a moulded plug in the photo of the rear of the NVR, so it's safe to assume that is a factory manufactured cable.
Perhaps test with a different cable for that link to the NVR, in case that cable has a fault?

It seems to me that network access to the NVR is the nub of the problem.
However, you said that when you use the direct monitor to check the cameras all is OK - and as they are connected to a switch, then the NVR must be accessing the network / switch / cameras OK itself.

So, to refine the issue further, it is only when the PCs try to access the NVR via the network that you encounter problems.
But, those same PCs are able to browse to the cameras (on the same network switch?) without any problem.

I dont use homemade cables. I just did a check to see whether there is a cable or switch problem. I connected the NVR with another cable to the switch; connected it with a long cable to another switch and after that directly to the router. Non of that solved the problem.

Your right about the point that the NVR can access the network because the camera is also connected to the network and not directly to the NVR.

It is indeed only when te the PCs try to access the NVR via the network that there is a problem to view any page after a log in on the NVR and the browser gives a notification that the page doesn't respond. See the attachment.

The PCs can access the cameras directly by browser.

It is a very weird problem to me. It looks like it has something to do with the firmware or other software in the NVR. But who knows.

Attachments

• Knipsel E.JPG
    Knipsel E.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 88
I know that you updated the firmware on the NVR.
I can't recall whether you mentioned if this issue existed before that firmware upgrade?

As far as I remember it existed before. But I can do a reset to factory defaults. Do you suggest that I do that? The result will also be that I have to reconnect the NVR to my app on my Iphone I asume?

Hi @John54

Is SADP showing that the firmware has successfully updated to V4.71.000?

Could you please try downloading the plugins via these links, as they have seemed recently to work better:

Have you tried Edge in IE mode rather than IE11 itself?
The instructions are in the third PDF linked here:

A reset to factory defaults just resets all the NVR's parameters, it doesn't revert the firmware version.

I don't 'feel' it is a firmware issue.
But we could try the update again.

I have asked my colleagues @Dan and @Kyle to pitch-in.

Kyle has just suggested a fresh download of the plugins.
For absolute Best Practice:
  1. Download the new versions that @Kyle has linked to.
  2. Restart your PC.
  3. BEFORE starting any software - run the plugin installers.
  4. Then try again to browse to the NVR.

Back