01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Viewing cameras online using IVMS 4200

Ironside

I've got a HiLook DVR which is made by Hikvision. I have two monitors connected to the DVR via VGA HD but I'd also like to view the cameras on my PC. I have installed a program called IVMS 4200. However, when I open the program is asking me to enter some port numbers which means absolutely nothing to me. Could somebody explain the initial setup of this program, please?

Hi @Ironside

You shouldn't need to change any port settings.

If it is a Hikvision related device it should appear in the online device list under device management and when you try to add the device you should see something like the below:

Screenshot 2020-03-19 at 13.01.28.png

The port should be set to 8000 by default and if it doesn't appear there when you try to add the device you can just enter 800 manually, it will only be different port if you have manually changed it. Other than that you shouldn't need to enter any other port information to add the device.

Also, if you only trying to access the device from a PC you can always just enter the IP address of the HiLook recorder into Internet Explorer and login to it that way.

Okay, I've now logged into the program and I can see my device listed at the bottom. When I click add the box that appears
Hik  vision.png

that looks correct, when the device appeared in the device list did it have an IP address? usually, the IP address is filled automatically but as yours haven't you will have to enter the address that is shown in the device list next to this specific device and then enter the username and password before clicking add. (username will be - admin - and password will be whatever you set when setting up the recorder with the direct monitors)

Thanks, that worked a treat, I'm now seeing all my cameras displayed. The only problem my thighs I can't seem to play back any recordings. They should be playing back as an MP4 file but I just get a message saying it can't play the file. Not sure why
2020-03-20.png

Reactions: Dan
Good to see you have the cameras connected.

When you say "play back any recordings" do you mean in iVMS-4200 or when you download footage onto the PC?

Yeah, from IVMS. They appear to record as an MP4 file, however, my computer won't play them. The computer is brand-new, wondering whether I've got to download that facility?

If you are trying to play downloaded footage on the PC you will have to use either Hikvision's own VSPlayer or some open platform video players like VLC support the compression CODECs that Hikvision uses.

Yes, you can try changing those settings or as it recommends for solution 2 you can switch to a 3rd-party video player like VLC or VSPlayer

Is there any way to change the location of the folder where there video files are deposited after recording?
video.png

I wonder, it may be possible to put a shortcut for the video folder on my desktop

Is there any way to change the location of the folder where there video files are deposited after recording?

We have just had this conversation with another forum user :)

Well, you'll be pleased to know that the videos do indeed work in that player. However, for some strange reason, there's lots of yellow flashing boxes appearing on the recorded footage, very strange

Do you have any Smart Events set for the camera you downloaded the footage from, the Hikvision VSPlayer can overlay Event trigger information. You can turn this off by right-clicking the video image and deselecting the VCA info. under Image Control.

Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 14.50.50.png

Thanks, Dan, that did the trick. In fact, it was actually motion detection that was causing the problem. However, that's obviously part of the VCA so your advice to my problem.

By the way, I put the record file folder on my desktop as a shortcut and it works a treat. Saves having to go onto the C drive and then click on about 10 folders to get where you want.

Back