01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

2 Way Audio - Low Volume via Hik Connect app

JB1970

Guru
Trusted Member
I installed several DS-2CD2387-LSU/SL (c) cameras for one of my customers. They are connected to a DS-7616NXI-I2/16P/S AcuSense NVR. While demonstrating the 2 way audio to the customer we noticed that the speaker volume for 2 way audio is way too quiet - it's simply not usable. The microphone on the camera is sensitive enough and can easily pick up speech at a reasonable distance on default settings. However when speaking back through the phone to the camera it's barely audible.

• Cameras are mounted at approx 2.5 metres
  • Cameras are on latest firmware (5.7.12)
  • NVR is on latest firmware (4.62.200)
  • Hik-Connect app is up to date
  • Camera speaker port is unobstructed by the rotation of the turret
  • The siren is unaffected and is nice and loud
I'm not sure what is at fault here - Camera, NVR or app. I'm suspecting the Hik-Connect app:
  • Using Hik-Connect app with NVR connected via Hik-Connect service - speech output too quiet
  • Using Hik-Connect app with NVR connected via IP/Domain - speech output too quiet
  • Using iVMS-4500 (defunct and retired but still on my phone) with NVR connected via IP/Domain - speech output loud and clear

Just to also link this feedback on audio issues in that firmware version:

Firmware - Latest Hikvision Firmware for G5 Series Cameras (DS-2CD2xx3G2 2xx6G2(C) 2xx7G2(C) 3xx7G2(C)) - V5.7.10_SP build220830

We'll feed back to Hikvision UK Tech Support and see whether there is any awareness of an issue / plans to resolve it.
Thanks @Phil. All of mine that are affected are on 5.7.12 so I'm not sure about other versions. It's bizarre that when using the half duplex audio in the retired iVMS-4500 app that it's twice the volume of the full duplex audio using Hik-Connect.

Thanks @Phil. All of mine that are affected are on 5.7.12 so I'm not sure about other versions. It's bizarre that when using the half duplex audio in the retired iVMS-4500 app that it's twice the volume of the full duplex audio using Hik-Connect.
Also work mentioning @Phil @Dan - the issue is the same on a DS-2CD2346G2-ISU/SL (non C G3 platform model) running 5.5.801 hence why I'm thinking it might not be the camera firmware.

I've noticed the same low 2-way output with my DS-2CD2387-LSU/SL(C) cameras and DS-KV6113-WPE1 intercom months ago while the cameras were still on V5.7.3_220216 SP. Recently updated them to V5.7.12_221201 and the problem persists. Sounds like Hik-Connect is the problem

Hi @JB1970

The response we have had from Hikvision support is not that great, they think the issue might be the particular phone brand.

It could be the case because we have seen issues in the past that were only impacting Samsung Mobile users.

Can you confirm the brand/model of the phone your customer is using? Do you have a different brand of phone? Are you able to replicate the low volume issue on a different phone running Hik-Connect?

Hopefully, if it is just an issue for certain phones and we can confirm the brand, Hikvision might be able to release a patch update to fix the issue.

Hi @JB1970

The response we have had from Hikvision support is not that great, they think the issue might be the particular phone brand.

It could be the case because we have seen issues in the past that were only impacting Samsung Mobile users.

Can you confirm the brand/model of the phone your customer is using? Do you have a different brand of phone? Are you able to replicate the low volume issue on a different phone running Hik-Connect?

Hopefully, if it is just an issue for certain phones and we can confirm the brand, Hikvision might be able to release a patch update to fix the issue.
Hi Dan. Ugh - yeah not a great response from them but a response nonetheless which is something.

I’m using an iPhone 12 Pro. My customer was using iPhone also but can’t confirm the model (I’ll check with him). I’m a self confessed Apple fan boy so won’t use Android ( I hate it as much as Windows!). I do however have my wall mount dashboards that are Amazon Fire so I’ll try with those to see whether there’s a discernible difference and report back.

Reactions: Dan
My customer was using iPhone also but can’t confirm the model (I’ll check with him)
My customer with the issue was using an iPhone 14 Pro also running the latest version of iOS. I did notice that when connected, in the current version of iOS, there is a microphone setting for Hik-Connect in the Control Center which gives three options - Standard, Voice Isolation and Wide Spectrum. I've messed around selecting each but don't notice a difference.

Update - I checked this again using an Amazon Fire tablet and there was no discernible difference so I don't think it's device specific.

Back