01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Event markers such a Event, Person and Vehicle in the App?

slicksilver79

So for the event markers to appear on your hikconnect app, does the NVR and cameras both need to be Acusense enabled?

One of our office setups has Acusense cameras and a 7616NI-Q2 NVR and these markers do not show up in the playback screen on the hikconnect app.

Our other office has Acusense cameras and a 7632NXI-K2 NVR and markers show up in the playback screen on the hikconnect app.

Any idea why the markers do not show up in the former?
Is it some setting on the NVR that was not enabled or are they not capable at all?
Both the NVRS are connected to our Hik-Connect account under Platform Access.

Thanks for your time.

7616NI-Q2 fw version V4.30.096 build 221220 (The Acusense cameras connected to this NVR are all DS-2CD2023G2-I(U))
7632NXI-K2 fw version V4.75.005 build 230630 (The Acusense cameras connected to this NVR are all DS-2CD2043G2-IU)

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-19 at 06.21.50_d2bfb30e.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-19 at 06.21.50_d2bfb30e.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
No. Either the cameras or NVR would need to be AcuSense. However, the Q series firmware won’t support it on that version as it’s too old. Ensure the NVR is on the latest version but if the feature doesn’t appear in the app then you’re stuck waiting for Hikvision to release an update that does support it.

No. Either the cameras or NVR would nee to be AcuSense. However, the Q series firmware won’t support it on that version as it’s too old. Ensure the NVR is on the latest version but if the feature doesn’t appear in the app then you’re stuck waiting for Hikvision to release an update that does support it.
Thank you for this. I will get a new NVR then since its critical to our business. Any downsides with the M series NVR's compared to the I series NVR's?

Thank you for this. I will get a new NVR then since its critical to our business. Any downsides with the M series NVR's compared to the I series NVR's?
If you take a look at the threads at the top of the Hikvision forum there are a few bugs present in the M series; one of which relates to delayed loading of the playback timeline and associated markers in the Hik Connect app. Hopefully these will get resolved but it’s been going on for some time.

I should probably look at the I series NVRs then. Hopefully the delayed loading of the playback timeline and associated markers bug is not there.

Back