01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HIK 2346G0 and Line Crossing Detection 'missing'

Dave Howard

Hi. I have recently installed 2346G1 (Firmware V5.6.0 build 190507) which is connected to NVR DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P (Firmware V4.40.010 build 200430).
I cannot find 'line crossing detection' on neither the smart events on the NVR on this camera, or on the camera itself. I only see 'scene change detection'.
On documentation online that I can find it indicates (like my other cameras on same NVR) I should have the option of 'line crossing detection'.

The other point is I cannot find where to turn off IR on this camera; which I understood to be possible to remove glare/light in dark from cars.

Grateful for any clarification on the above and if there are 'compatibility' issues between camera/NVR stopping this or what I am missing.
Thanks !

Last edited:
Not sure on your first issue - I don't have a 2346G0 so am not familiar with it. The 2346G1 AcuSense model however disables line crossing detection, intrusion detection etc IF you have motion detection - you can't have both simultaneously.

With regard to the IR. If you want to disable it completely while still having the camera switch from colour to mono. Login to the camera webpage directly then System > Maintenance > System Service. Uncheck the box for "Enable IR Light". Coincidentally if the info in my first paragraph applies to your model there will also be a box on the same page to "Enable Motion Detection" with the following comment - "Note: If Motion Detection is enabled, certain functions such as Intrusion Detection, Line Crossing Detection, Region Entrance Detection, and Region Exit Detection are not supported. New settings will take effect after a reboot."

Type as well (!) it's a 2346G1 ... Thanks. IR Light disable found :)

On Line Crossing Detection
The System > Maintenance > System Service 'Enable Motion Detection' is not-checked.
Event > Basic Event .. nothing checked
Event > Smart Event .. Scene Detection = Checked + Linkage Method > Notify Surveillance Centre = Checked.

Appreciate any other ideas to resolve.

As a first - clear your browser history in case that's causing something to not display correctly (good practice to do this after a firmware upgrade as it's not uncommon for items not to load correctly) and reboot both the camera and NVR. Then on the camera - check the "enable motion detection" and apply it (which would disable the other analytics) - I think it reboots at that point, then uncheck it and apply it again (it's a long shot but toggling the option may sort it)

If both of those options fail I would reset the camera to defaults to see if that resolves it.

I have both the 16 channel version of your recorder and that specific model, both having identical firmware as yours. I have had a quick look in the local GUI and web GUI and mine is showing the bits your missing so I doubt it's an issue with the firmware build.

Thanks @JB1970.
1. Clear cache: Didn't work, nor did different browser (I went back to IE).
2. Reset to defaults: WORKED ! but as a note I selected only SYSTEM>MAINTENENCE>(tab-1)>RESTORE (keeping the IP / user info).

I now have the following .. so just need to figure which I want to use (camera is across front of house covering road as well) :)

1590572513247.png

@JB1970 .. do you have any G2 cameras as well as G1. Interested in your experience with them in low-light/night if you have.
I got G1 based on YouTube example showing better visibility of vehicles at night (with IR off), and I note G2 appear far lower lux.
Situation is single track road, no street lighting, and low ambient (star/moon).

Thanks @JB1970.
1. Clear cache: Didn't work, nor did different browser (I went back to IE).
2. Reset to defaults: WORKED ! but as a note I selected only SYSTEM>MAINTENENCE>(tab-1)>RESTORE (keeping the IP / user info).

I now have the following .. so just need to figure which I want to use (camera is across front of house covering road as well) :)

View attachment 3861

Line crossing generally gives better results using a vertical line (crossways movement) rather than a horizontal one (forward/back movement) Be sure to set the minimum/maximum object sizes as these will help filter false alerts - the human detection will still detect human shadows that cast across your detection line. Whether intrusion or line crossing don't set them too tight to the boundaries of your view.

@JB1970 .. do you have any G2 cameras as well as G1. Interested in your experience with them in low-light/night if you have.
I got G1 based on YouTube example showing better visibility of vehicles at night (with IR off), and I note G2 appear far lower lux.
Situation is single track road, no street lighting, and low ambient (star/moon).

I have just one G2 AcuSense camera and it's not in use currently. I found that although the 8MP model was great in the day, the night time images with IR were not too good. The image appeared clear but there was too much picture noise, compression artefacts etc to make it any use.

The one thing that can make a big improvement to night time images is to reduce the contrast substantially in the camera web GUI. It improves the image considerably lightening the shadows and providing a much more evenly exposed image. I drop mine down from 50 to 30/35 and they're far better.

I want both colour images AND the false alarm filtering in the AcuSense. I currently have a couple of ColorVu 4MP turrets that I'm impressed with. As I have a couple of dawn to dusk lamps at the front of my house where the ColorVu's are, I'll be trying the new 4MP AcuSense G2 turrets when they're available (July currently). The spec sheet for these shows a very low lux level for them and I'm sure that once I've tweaked the settings I'll be able to keep them in Colour 24/7 with decent image quality. The Hikvision website is playing up at the moment so I can't check the data sheet but from memory the minimum illumination for them will be 0.003lux (not far away from the 0.0025 of the 4MP 5 series ultra) whereas for the G1 4MP it's 0.007.

Back