01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Door Entry Hik-Connect - doesn't capture picture of ringing person?

Tomi_St

I have video interphone DS-KD8003-IME1 and monitor DS-KH6320-WTE1/EU.
Since few weeks neither Hik-Connect nor application at indor station (monitor) doesn't capture picture of person ringing the door bell (outdoor station).
SD memory card is inserted into the monitor, has plenty of room and works fine.
Till 23rd of December 2022 it was capturing pictures (last stored picture), since then two things have changed and one concerns me much:
- I did a firmware update of outdoor station to the newest release V 2.2.62 built 230110. Update was successful, everything works fine (live view on the indoor unit, on the app, calls) etc) but after the update, I have no access to settings of outdoor unit over iVMS-4200 (the newest version 3.6.1.3)
When I click to cog wheel of DS-KD8003-IME1 I see only a blank page linked to http://127.0.0.1:8090/WebCfgPackage/Packages/01/020/index.asp
So I am not able to see any settings nor to make a firmware upgrade (or downgrade)
- In the meantime my app Hik-Connect on iOS 16.2 has automatically upgraded to the completely new version 5.0.2 20221211

I haven't noticed when exactly problem with missing pictures started and what was the trigger - upgrade firmware of outdoor unit or mobile app.
I upgraded also indoor unit and iVMS-4200 to the newest version but without effect (I did it after I noticed problem).

Have you got any idea why pictures are not taken ? Is there any setting to enable/disable pictures ?
How to solve problem of lack of access to setup of outdoor unit over iVMS-4200 ? It seems to me that it might bring about problem with missing pictures.

2023-01-22 20_23_21-iVMS-4200.jpg

What FW do you have on your indoor unit? If you upgrade it from 2.1.34 to latest you need to do factory default. I had same issuse at my apartement.

Upvote 0
DS-KD8003-IME1/S to version V2.2.62 build 230204 and DS-KH6320-WTE1 to version V2.2.20 build 23061
I did today factory reset and somehow it worked and then it stopped working while I was tweaking settings. I think it has to do something with time synchronization but not sure.

Upvote 0
After factory you enabled call management center, snapshot and messages in preferences? It must be done through the indoor unit.

Upvote 0
I already enabled "snapshot" and "leave message" in shortcuts menu. Not the “call management center” (I will give it a try but not sure how it is related).
I am getting snapshots in indoor station and can see them there but not in Hikconnect Android app. So everything works except I am not able to see the snapshot inside app:

1693381913353.png

Upvote 0
Hello all
I've have the same setup as OP and having real issues after going hardwired through a POE switch to my router.
The door unit simply doesn't ring on the indoor station or my android phone. HiK connect seems fine though and I have audio and video. Have video and Audio at indoor station also.
When setting up through the wizard I did seem to have an issue with IP address of door station and the DHCP toggle doesn't seem to generate a new IP.
I loaded IVMS for Mac but sadly it doesn't pick up my devices so I can't update firmware and the update function on the indoor station doesn't work.
Be grateful for any help as Im about to pull the thing off the wall and opt for a Ring camera :-(

Upvote 0
Do this trought indoor unit it self. On screen. Not trought outdoor unit.
Hi, having the same very problem, only with KD8003IME1 (B) version (which has a web interface also). Everything works beside Hik-connect not showing anymore the pictures of those who ring. I have no access to the property these days because it's abroad, but I have iVMS local LAN access, can these settings be changed from there? Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi @nicobar
If your PC with iVMS remains powered on while you are away, there is
  • a window open with Live View of KD8003 direct IP address in iVMS(not by your NVR),
  • this KD8003 is also added as Camera on your NVR and
  • there also exists an Indoor Station that supports your outdoor station
..then possibly this is the reason why you don't have an image on Hikconnect.
I have the same "problem" with KV6113WPE1 A model. I don't know about C versions
You could possibly close at least iVMS Live view if you had remote access for your desktop

Upvote 0
Hi @nicobar
If your PC with iVMS remains powered on while you are away, there is
  • a window open with Live View of KD8003 direct IP address in iVMS(not by your NVR),
  • this KD8003 is also added as Camera on your NVR and
  • there also exists an Indoor Station that supports your outdoor station
..then possibly this is the reason why you don't have an image on Hikconnect.
I have the same "problem" with KV6113WPE1 A model. I don't know about C versions
You could possibly close at least iVMS Live view if you had remote access for your desktop
I have TeamViewer access to a local PC with iVMS. No NVR. 4 indoor stations (the master has fixed IP) and two outdoor stations. Everything works except I use to see mugshots of people ringing the doorbell, no more. I won't be able to access the property until late June, I'd love to be able to fix it remotely.

Upvote 0
I have TeamViewer access to a local PC with iVMS. No NVR. 4 indoor stations (the master has fixed IP) and two outdoor stations. Everything works except I use to see mugshots of people ringing the doorbell, no more. I won't be able to access the property until late June, I'd love to be able to fix it remotely.
Is iVMS right now running with Live View windows of both Outdoor Stations? If yes then try closing them. Except of course if you are recording on your local or external drive
Do you have Live View on Hikconnect for both Outdoor Stations?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is iVMS right now running with Live View windows of both Outdoor Stations? If yes then try closing them. Except of course if you are recording on your local or external drive
No, I use iVMS for configuration purposes only, it does not run normally. I just wonder if I can apply the suggested settings to the indoor station via iVMS as opposed to do it in person, which I can't

Upvote 0
I cannot access settings "in person" because I am not there, but I can access settings remotely via iVMS. So I just wonder where to go in the settings to achieve what was suggested in an earlier post

Upvote 0
Back