01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hikvision Accusense False Alarm: Rain, Lighting Changes

Jkno

I’m having an issues with false alarms from a DS-2CD2386G2-ISU/SL on line crossing detection. No matter how much I adjust the min/max size, sensitivity down to 15 and highest on detection accuracy the slightest bit of rain sends me a stream of false alarms.

I previously had a DS-2CD2386G2-IU in this loocation that worked perfectly and continues to elsewhere in the property. I switched it out after an attempted break in in favour of the strobe. The attempted thief noticed the previous camera and scarpered and the strobe will only enhance that in future.

- updated to the latest firmware at the weekend and issue still persists
- bi-direction line crossing detection only
- human detection enabled on highest accuracy
- sensitivity down to 15
- no metallic surfaces for reflections to get into the mix
- false alarms persist in both day and night vision
- camera placement is ~9ft for identification over observation

I’m baffled as to how 2 cameras of what are seemingly the same range and make-up are behaving so different in the same situation

Any advice would be hugely welcome.

Hi @Jkno

Another user had similar problems with the 4MP version of your camera last week and worked out that this happens when you adjust any of the event settings or detection areas in Hik-Connect, here's the full thread:

So I'd recommend logging into the camera (or NVR if you're using one) in a web browser, clearing the event settings, and then setting them up again, as you may even have accidentally adjusted something in the app.

Upvote 0
Thanks Kyle, I’ll give it a go and hopefully it will make a difference.

I actually didn’t realise you could configure via Hik-Connect. I used a combination of the web interface and NVR for configuration and hik-connect purely for remote viewing and notifications.

Upvote 0
Back