01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

AX PRO Hikvision AX Pro Alarm - Sounder Connectivity?

Hikvision's AX PRO intruder alarm systems

discodancerstu

Hi all,

We have a reasonably newly installed AX Pro alarm system. Everything internally works fine, the hub, PIRs, door contacts, keypads and wireless repeater.

The external sounder has recently been installed, no more than 6 feet from the main hub, but it simply won't hold a connection to the alarm system. It cycles (based on nothing whatsoever) between full signal as we would expect, and nothing, showing as offline.

I have checked the power feed, the 12v is fine. I've formatted the sounder, no joy.

Getting pretty fed up, as when it goes offline, it beeps/blips every minute or so, neighbours not impressed.

Grateful for any ideas please!

DS

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240408_212525_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20240408_212525_Hik-Connect.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 23
  • Screenshot_20240408_210528_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20240408_210528_Hik-Connect.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20240408_210521_Hik-Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20240408_210521_Hik-Connect.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 25
Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
Hi @discodancerstu - it may be a faulty sounder, but try updating the firmware of the sounder and hub first:
  1. Log in to the main hub in a web browser using the local IP address. You can find this in SADP if you're unsure.
    NB - you need to use you admin Hik-Connect account to log in.

2. Check the firmware version of the main hub in on the Overview page:

AX Pro Main Hub web GUI - check hub firmware.png

If you're not running V1.2.9, update it within Hik-Connect by going to Settings > Maintenance > Device upgrade:

AX Pro Main Hub firmware update in Hik-Connect.jpg

3. Unfortunately, the "Detector & Peripheral Upgrade" doesn't seem to work properly in the app, so you will need to install it from the EU Download Portal's section for "AX Pro Peripheral's firmware" (the latest V1.4.0 sounder firmware will be in the "Outdoor Sounder DS-PS1-E-WE" folder).
    It will download a ".tar" folder, which your PC will want to unzip, but don't do this - it needs to be loaded onto the main hub in as the ".tar" folder.

4. To load it onto the sounder, go to Maintenance and Security > Maintenance > Detector & Peripheral Upgrade on the hub's web interface, select the sounder from the dropdowns, click on the folder button in the Upgrade File row to browse for the .tar folder, and then click upgrade:

AX Pro Main Hub web GUI - update peripheral firmware.png

You should get a status bar appear as the firmware is updating, and then the sounder will reboot.
Let us know if that improves the connection...

Thanks for this. I don't seem to have an update/firmware tab - any ideas on this please?

1712765708227.png

Hi @discodancerstu - it may be a faulty sounder, but try updating the firmware of the sounder and hub first:
  1. Log in to the main hub in a web browser using the local IP address. You can find this in SADP if you're unsure.
    NB - you need to use you admin Hik-Connect account to log in.

2. Check the firmware version of the main hub in on the Overview page:

View attachment 10910

If you're not running V1.2.9, update it within Hik-Connect by going to Settings > Maintenance > Device upgrade:

View attachment 10911

3. Unfortunately, the "Detector & Peripheral Upgrade" doesn't seem to work properly in the app, so you will need to install it from the EU Download Portal's section for "AX Pro Peripheral's firmware" (the latest V1.4.0 sounder firmware will be in the "Outdoor Sounder DS-PS1-E-WE" folder).
    It will download a ".tar" folder, which your PC will want to unzip, but don't do this - it needs to be loaded onto the main hub in as the ".tar" folder.

4. To load it onto the sounder, go to Maintenance and Security > Maintenance > Detector & Peripheral Upgrade on the hub's web interface, select the sounder from the dropdowns, click on the folder button in the Upgrade File row to browse for the .tar folder, and then click upgrade:

View attachment 10912

You should get a status bar appear as the firmware is updating, and then the sounder will reboot.
Let us know if that improves the connection...
Thanks for this.

That's strange... Can you send a screenshot of the "Overview" page please (same as my first screenshot above)?

Thanks - first try deleting your cookies for the page and refresh it with fresh cache (Ctrl+F5).
Make sure your browsers are up to date too.
Are you using Windows or macOS, and which browser?

Hi Kyle,

I've done all this, plus tried different browsers (I'm currently using Chrome) including edge and firefox. No joy I'm afraid.

I'm down as an administrator on the user management page, does that affect firmware access?

You need to be logging in with the Hik-Connect administrator account credentials to access the firmware, so you should be seeing that page.
Try running the browser as an administrator (right click > "run as administrator")?

If that doesn't work, try adding the panel to iVMS-4200 and seeing if you can see the page by accessing the config menu there.

You could also try in Hik-Connect in Settings > Maintenance > Detector & Peripheral Upgrade in case it works for you, but it didn't for us...

Last edited:
Back