01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision NVR recording types

CliveC

Ideally I want to use a HikVision NVR (running V4.1.64) to record cameras continuously, which shows as a purple bar in the timeline in the playback window.
I also have Motion detection set for two cameras, which can be configured to email when it detects motion. This works fine.

My question is does anyone know if it is possible to have the playback timeline show the motion alarms in the colour bar at the bottom?

If I set it to only record motion I see most of the bar is blank until motion is detected, which shows as a red block of time. Is it possible to have it record all the time but still show on the timeline where motion was detected?

I have motion detection set under Event->Basic Event for the camera concerned, arming of that to be 24/7 and Linkage method set to send email & trigger recording of the right channel for that camera.

Yes, that's how I initially set mine up. I'm now on intrusion and line crossing detection only, motion detection has way too many false alarms. But yes, that will work. One caveat is that seeing the events on the timeline, at least for me, only shows up on the NVR. I've never been able to see the events on a browser.

Thanks for this. With this setup I am only seeing the continuous (purple) on the playback timeline, not the motion detection. However am looking on a browser into the NVR, so will try on the NVR itself.

Back