01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect I cannot access my system remotely using a browser when I click the IP address link in the Hik-Connect web portal?

Dav55

Hi

I;ve a question on Hik Connect.

The App works fine on my phone and I can view the cameras wherever I am.

When I log into HikConnect via Web Browser (when not on the LAN) I can log in to Hik Connect ok and see the NVR.

When I click the IP address it opens a new browser but fails to connect.

I have changed the port of my NVR and have tried the Manual setting and Auto Setting (with default port)

On my Phone I haven't had to change any of the port settings.

I wonder if I need to change anything on my firewall to allow it through via a web browser? I would have thought that the app would connect in the same way - so with that working, I thought it would work.

Any help appreciated.

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Hi @Dav55

Has this link in the Hik-Connect Portal worked for you before and just stopped working or have you never been able to access via this link?

In our experience that Hik-Connect portal IP address link has not worked for many years, see more about this in this response to another forum user yesterday:

Hi

I had never tried it, so cant confirm if it ever worked in the past.

I'll try some options and see how I get on.

If anyone has any other ideas, shout up !

Hi @Dave55

Ok, if you read the above thread I linked you to you will see the explanation of how to access your device with a browser.

The SADP method I explain in that thread will only work when trying to access the NVR with a browser on the same local network as the NVR.

For remote access with a browser, you would need to set up port forwarding

Back