01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

iDS-7208HQHI-M1/S DVR and DS-7216HQHI-K1 DVR

Dmt

Hi guys,

What is the max substream analysis i can use in the above models. They will be connected eachother in LAN network and if the old K1 does not recognize my 5MPTVI cameras streaming from the M1 using the mainstream instead of lowering my record resolution of mainstream i am thinking simply to connect them in substream hoping only to not be miserable (16 channels in a 50' TV used as display monitor)

Even if you connect the two DVR's to your LAN, one will not see the streams from the other ones TVI cameras. You will only see images on your display from the DVR connected directly to the HDMI input. Both models are HQHI so have similar(ish) capabilities with regard to main stream resolution (1920 x 1080P).

Reactions: Dmt
Even if you connect the two DVR's to your LAN, one will not see the streams from the other ones TVI cameras. You will only see images on your display from the DVR connected directly to the HDMI input. Both models are HQHI so have similar(ish) capabilities with regard to main stream resolution (1920 x 1080P).
Thanks for your answer JW. Right now the above DVR are already connected and selected cameras are streamed from the K to the M model. However up untill know the highest camera resolution is 2MP and i do not have any problems. Correctly you are noticing that the K will not see directly the TVI cameras but the processed stream from the M one.

So based on your assumptions if the M series recognize and display the 5MP TVI hikvision cameras, the K series will not have any problem in taking the stream in the maximun resolution possible(currently 1920x1080) as you mention.

Practically i will not have black screen in any of the recorders if i catch it correctly without the need to activate the substream which play maximun at WD1 analysis.

Thanks for your answer JW. Right now the above DVR are already connected and selected cameras are streamed from the K to the M model. However up untill know the highest camera resolution is 2MP and i do not have any problems. Correctly you are noticing that the K will not see directly the TVI cameras but the processed stream from the M one.

So based on your assumptions if the M series recognize and display the 5MP TVI hikvision cameras, the K series will not have any problem in taking the stream in the maximun resolution possible(currently 1920x1080) as you mention.

Practically i will not have black screen in any of the recorders if i catch it correctly without the need to activate the substream which play maximun at WD1 analysis.
Ok - I wasn’t actually aware you could do that with TVI, I’ve learned something new today!

With DVRs it’s not the series that dictates the max resolution (K or M). Both models are HQHI which usually restricts to 2 megapixel TVI cameras. HUHI will do 5 megapixel TVI and HTHI will do 8 megapixel TVI. There are exceptions to that. Sometimes a DVR will accept a higher megapixel camera on one channel. Also, the DVRs can accept higher resolution IP cameras.

Edit: it’s not quite so straight forward with the M series. Both HUHI and HTHI can take 8MP TVI cameras but HUHI only supports 8 frames per second at the higher resolution. I can’t find an M series HQHI so I’m not sure what that’s capable of.

Last edited:
My M above model clearly specifies that can display 3K at 20 fps exclusively in TVI. Other protocols(AHD,CVI) are max resolution 4MP like exactly the K series i have.
So are we certain that the 4Mp capable K series will be able to recognize and display the stream of a TVI 5 MP camera that is physically connected to the M series DVR?
I am attaching you the two series user datasheet. Beyond that the two HVR are streaming eachother in LAN internal network and not through the internet

Attachments

• Datasheet-of-DS-7200HQHI-K1_V4.25.000_20210224.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 237
  • S06451.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 224
My M above model clearly specifies that can display 3K at 20 fps exclusively in TVI. Other protocols(AHD,CVI) are max resolution 4MP like exactly the K series i have.
So are we certain that the 4Mp capable K series will be able to recognize and display the stream of a TVI 5 MP camera that is physically connected to the M series DVR?
I am attaching you the two series user datasheet. Beyond that the two HVR are streaming eachother in LAN internal network and not through the internet
So the specs are quite different for the M series HQHI compared to the K series HQHI.
I'm not sure. I've never used 4MP on the HQHI only 2MP and I've not networked them as you are doing.

Reactions: Dmt
Practically the only big difference is the TVI 5MP display ability of the M series, however as i notice the dvr coninues to be 4MP max encoding capacity like exactly the K series one!!!!!
So the aonly advantage as far as i understand is the Live view of 5 MP TVI.

And the most confusing now. The K series are taking the live view through streaming(probable black screen) or the encoded 4MP stream????
If its the encoded one , then it will probably display it!!!!!

Worst case scenario here is simply to reduce the resolution in 4MP in the M series physically connected dvr,. The camera i bought are 4MP capable and when i physically connect them for test in the K series, the K series DVR display them in 4MP lite.

Streaming between Hikvision HVR in the same Local Network means a lot simply because you can take picture from multiple HVRs with analogus cameras in different buildings and combine them as you like in one final projection using exclusively the hikvision HVRS without the need of PC

Back