01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

New Hikvision NVR GUI 5.0

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
This is the first mention I have seen of this.
It is good to see significant product development ongoing.
Not too many clues in the video.
It shows a glimpse of a DeepInMind NVR model.

Stay Tuned!

This is the first mention I have seen of this.
It is good to see significant product development ongoing.
Not too many clues in the video.
It shows a glimpse of a DeepInMind NVR model.

Stay Tuned!

I did read somewhere that they are also moving on to version 6 firmwares for cameras with a revised web GUI

I've seen @steve1225 mention somewhere else that new AcuSense and DeepinMind NVRs like this one now have the new 5.0 GUI...

DS-7616NXI-I2/S

The full model number is actually DS-7616NXI-I2/S(E)... runs firmware V5.01.060 release 240110. The older version DS-7616NXI-I2/S(C) does not run the new GUI and is actually listed as EOL.

I wonder if the new 5.0 GUI will eventually be available on older non-AcuSense models like my DS-7616NI-M2/16P?

Last edited:
I've seen @steve1225 mention somewhere else that new AcuSense and DeepinMind NVRs like this one now have the new 5.0 GUI...

DS-7616NXI-I2/S

The full model number is actually DS-7616NXI-I2/S(E)... runs firmware V5.01.060 release 240110. The older version DS-7616NXI-I2/S(C) does not run the new GUI and is actually listed as EOL.

I wonder if the new 5.0 GUI will eventually be available on older non-AcuSense models like my DS-7616NI-M2/16P?
I’d hope so; I have the same model. There seems to be no pattern as to which models continue to receive updates. When a model gets a revision B, C, D etc, the updates seem to fizzle out on the older hardware variant. Then you have a model such as the DS-76xxNI- K2/P….I have a 16 channel model 7 years old with firmware released in July last year (a year after the last I series update) That ‘old’ NVR supports the latest UI for Human/Vehicle filter along with the Human/Vehicle filters in Hik-Connect. There are models far more recent that don’t have that functionality yet.

I took a look at the new User Manual for a model running the 5.0 firmware and noticed the "Applicable Models" section includes all the non-AcuSense I and M series models such as DS-7616NI-I2/16P and DS-7616NI-M2/16P. Maybe there is new firmware on the way for these...

https://www.hikvision.com/content/d...o-Recorder_User-Manual_V5.01.060_20240102.PDF
That looks promising but it could be a long wait. I'd have expected more announcements in the. emails I'm subscribed to or in the videos that come with Hik Partner Pro. I have a couple of DS-7616NI-I2/16P's to sell on but will wait if there's new firmware on the horizon.

I took a look at the new User Manual for a model running the 5.0 firmware and noticed the "Applicable Models" section includes all the non-AcuSense I and M series models such as DS-7616NI-I2/16P and DS-7616NI-M2/16P. Maybe there is new firmware on the way for these...

https://www.hikvision.com/content/d...o-Recorder_User-Manual_V5.01.060_20240102.PDF

More interesting: this manual have description of AcuSearch feature, which look like Dahua AcuPick.

Can we ask use-IP moderator - when You will have any new AcuSense / DeepInMind NVR with this firmware (or model which can be upgraded to UI 5.0) - please do big review of UI / changes / AI / AcuSearch as video on Youtube???

Hi @steve1225

I've asked Hikvision support to confirm which NVR models will support the 5.0 GUI and whether or not the 5.0 GUI will also be applied to the M & I-series NVRs in the future.

One thing to point out about the "Applicable Models" list is this line of text at the top of the table - "This manual is applicable to the following models. But not all the functions in this manual are supported for each model."

Hikvision likes to create these generic user manuals because the basic functionality of all of these NVRs is pretty much the same but there are some advanced features that not all models support, which could include the 5.0 GUI.

I think it would be unlikely that they would update the GUI of the I-series NVRs seeing as these models are basically EOL now and there hasn't been a major firmware release for those NVRs since late 2022/early 2023.

One thing to point out about the "Applicable Models" list is this line of text at the top of the table - "This manual is applicable to the following models. But not all the functions in this manual are supported for each model."

Hikvision likes to create these generic user manuals because the basic functionality of all of these NVRs is pretty much the same but there are some advanced features that not all models support, which could include the 5.0 GUI.
Different GUIs have different manuals. While there may be certain features within GUI 5 that aren’t available on all the NVRs listed in ‘applicable models’, the listed models would have to support GUI 5. The manual has images of the GUI 5 screen layouts in its tutorials, so would be completely irrelevant for the listed models otherwise. Anyway we’ll see what happens….

Different GUIs have different manuals. While there may be certain features within GUI 5 that aren’t available on all the NVRs listed in ‘applicable models’, the listed models would have to support GUI 5. The manual has images of the GUI 5 screen layouts in its tutorials, so would be completely irrelevant for the listed models otherwise. Anyway we’ll see what happens….

Please remember that 'applicable models' list don't contain revisions!!!
So it can be true - there could be a new -I and -M NVR line revisions with a new hardware on they way :)
Like a new -NXI (E) revision now...

ps. it is little strange that HIK have non AI NVR/cams models in 2024.. Dahua EOL'ed all non-AI NVR lines (1/2/4/5/6xxx-4KS2) and now we have 2/4/5/6 AI lines/models only.. the same cams - even lowest 1xxx entry WIFI/POE cams have SMD(human) now.. only intercom don't have AI (why???)..

So it can be true - there could be a new -I and -M NVR line revisions with a new hardware on they way :)
There will not be another revision of 'NI-I'; it's been discontinued for some time so there will be no new revision of that.

UPDATE - Hikvision support has confirmed to us that currently, the DeepinMind M-series NVRs (iDS-77xx/iDS-96xx M4/M8/M16) support the 5.0 GUI via the latest firmware - V5.01.060_240110

They have also said there is no current plan to roll out 5.0 GUI to the standard M-series & I-series NVRs.

UPDATE - Hikvision support has confirmed to us that currently, the DeepinMind M-series NVRs (iDS-77xx/iDS-96xx M4/M8/M16) support the 5.0 GUI via the latest firmware - V5.01.060_240110

They have also said there is no current plan to roll out 5.0 GUI to the standard M-series & I-series NVRs.
I guess someone copied and pasted a list of models into the newer user manual. They [Hikvision] really are crap at times...

Yep,

Also, they do say "no current plan" and we have seen in the past that our UK support contact has said no to things and then Hikvision HQ has announced something that contradicts them, so it is not completely off the table that the 5.0 GUI might be added to other NVRs models at some point in the future.

UPDATE - It looks like Hikvision UK didn't have all the information when they told me the above on Friday, this morning they confirmed that 5.0 GUI firmware is now available for the I-series AcuSense NVRs [(E) models only], the standard M-series NVRs, and the DeepinMind M-series NVRs.

Below are links to the forum threads discussing the firmware release for each NVR range:

If you spot any existing problems that have been fixed or new glitches/errors that have appeared with this firmware, please report them in the appropriate thread.

UPDATE - It looks like Hikvision UK didn't have all the information when they told me the above on Friday, this morning they confirmed that 5.0 GUI firmware is now available for the I-series AcuSense NVRs [(E) models only], the standard M-series NVRs, and the DeepinMind M-series NVRs.

Below are links to the forum threads discussing the firmware release for each NVR range:

If you spot any existing problems that have been fixed or new glitches/errors that have appeared with this firmware, please report them in the appropriate thread.
Great, thanks @Dan. I'll break update my M series this afternoon!

Me.jpeg

Installing it now. This'll definitely require clearing the browser history before connecting to the new interface.

Up and running with no need to clear the browser. I'll have look at the local interface once SWMBO finishes watching Napoleon (yawn)

Last edited:
Back