01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problems with browser access to my Hikvision M-series NVR?

busterboy

Over the weekend we have received notification from Hikvision that their I-series of NVRs will go End of Life (EoL) in February next year.
Hikvision are recommending the M-series NVRs as replacements:

View attachment 8457
I purchased one of the latest M-Series NVR's from yourselves last week Phil and although it is working through it's own software I am struggling to get it to work through a Web Browser. Rang your company and spoke to "Jake" If I remember and reported the issue.

Tried it on another two Laptops I own and just the same, Tried it through "Chrome" and still the same.

Was told it would be reported to Hikvision and hopefully a new firmware should hopefully sort it out.

Maybe you could open a new unit up and see if you can get a result. DS-7616NI-M2/16P was the model I purchased from you.

If a fix is found please let me know in this thread please guy's.

For what it's worth I am getting everything working with Hik-Connect through my iPhone correctly.

It's just the web browser not working meaning I cannot access my cameras without it.

Hi @busterboy thank you for your order, and for raising this with us.

It's not the impression that I had formed of these new M-series NVRs with browsers; I haven't been hands-on with one myself yet, but saw one of the team who has been working with the M-series NVRs describe it as 'snappy' via the browser in a conversation with an enquirer the other day.

I'll ask one of the technical team (@Dan @Kyle @Jake Hulks) to liaise with you and see if we can resolve the issue that you are seeing.

Hi @busterboy,

We have done some testing today and are able to connect to the NVR through multiple browsers like Chrome etc.

We believe the issue may be due to your Asus router or firewall blocking the NVRs webpage.

Is the NVR connected directly to the Asus router and is that router connected to anything like a modem etc?

Can you please share the IP config results from your PC by following the guide linked below?

Could you also please send a current screenshot of SADP with the NVRs network settings so we can check it against the IP config results?

Hi @busterboy,

We have done some testing today and are able to connect to the NVR through multiple browsers like Chrome etc.

We believe the issue may be due to your Asus router or firewall blocking the NVRs webpage.

Is the NVR connected directly to the Asus router and is that router connected to anything like a modem etc?

Can you please share the IP config results from your PC by following the guide linked below?

Could you also please send a current screenshot of SADP with the NVRs network settings so we can check it against the IP config results?
Thanks for getting back to me Jake. It was me you spoke to on the phone. :)
CMD.jpg

ping.jpg

SADP.jpg

Your IP addresses look logical e.g. PC, NVR and router are all in the same domain range.
What happens when you browse to the NVR?
You can double-click on its IP address in SADP and that should open in your preferred browser.
Or just type 192.168.50.21 in the address bar.
Do you see the login page?
Can you login?

Your IP addresses look logical e.g. PC, NVR and router are all in the same domain range.
What happens when you browse to the NVR?
You can double-click on its IP address in SADP and that should open in your preferred browser.
Or just type 192.168.50.21 in the address bar.
Do you see the login page?
Can you login?
Hi Phil, Choose where I click in this area (pictured) nothing activates anything or any browser.

When I type the IP Address into Edge or Internet Explorer it now brings up the login page and I can now access the NVR.

Just to let you know I Re-Formatted my desktop PC with my legit Windows 11 and it now shows up although not without issues.

I can access my cameras now and make changes but unless I have got it wrong some things are not showing "ie" I have a blank screen when viewing "Intrusion" yet on "Basic Event" it's showing ok.

SADP-1.jpg

motion detection.jpg

intrusion.jpg

Sorry, I wasn't clear, if you double-click the NVR's IP address in the row in the table it will open the browser.

We'll get our heads together and also test here to see why that page might be showing no image / video.

Sorry, I wasn't clear, if you double-click the NVR's IP address in the row in the table it will open the browser.

We'll get our heads together and also test here to see why that page might be showing no image / video.
It's opening in Edge by default now Phil, Still not showing any image or video though.

If I make it (force it) to open in Internet Explorer mode it is still the same.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention @busterboy.

After checking on our own DS-7608NI-M2/8P M-series NVR, we are also not getting an image in the smart events section.

I have contacted HikVision about the issue and will get back to you with an update as soon as I have more information.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention @busterboy.

After checking on our own DS-7608NI-M2/8P M-series NVR, we are also not getting an image in the smart events section.

I have contacted HikVision about the issue and will get back to you with an update as soon as I have more information.
WOW I can breathe again, Thanks for confirming this Jake, Hopefully a firmware fix for this very soon. :)

I'm seeing similar issues - it seems a bit temperamental. Sometimes the preview images appear after a long delay. I also noticed that often I could switch page/tab in the NVR web config and although the browser would highlight the page or tab in the GUI I'd clicked, the content would still remain on the previous section for a period of time before catching up.

I'm seeing similar issues - it seems a bit temperamental. Sometimes the preview images appear after a long delay. I also noticed that often I could switch page/tab in the NVR web config and although the browser would highlight the page or tab in the GUI I'd clicked, the content would still remain on the previous section for a period of time before catching up.
Yes I'm getting the very same.

Sorry Gents, our Tech team are debating this with Hikvision Tech Support - hopefully they will come up with a resolution soon ...

Hi everyone,

Hikvision has gotten back and has asked if you can check to make sure the streaming protocol is set to TCP.

I tested it on our M-series NVR and although ours was already set to TCP, by changing it to UDP and then back to TCP we managed to get the picture to show in the smart events section.

You can find this setting by going to Configuration --> Local.

Hopefully, this should sort out the issue.

Attachments

• stream protocol location.png
    stream protocol location.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 237
Hi everyone,

Hikvision has gotten back and has asked if you can check to make sure the streaming protocol is set to TCP.

I tested it on our M-series NVR and although ours was already set to TCP, by changing it to UDP and then back to TCP we managed to get the picture to show in the smart events section.

I guess that'll fix it for Windows users. Unfortunately Mac users with Safari don't have the Configuration > Local tab.

Hi everyone,

Mine was also set to TCP so done as requested changed to UDP "Save" and back to TCP again "Save" but still showing a blank although flick it from Motion detection to Smart detection it randomly comes on but not always. Fixed but not fixed.!!

I guess that'll fix it for Windows users. Unfortunately Mac users with Safari don't have the Configuration > Local tab.
@JB1970 is correct, the local menu has been an issue all over the place.

As far as we are aware, no browser on the Mac supports the local menu on Hikvision NVRs (tested both the M-series and I-series NVRs).

You can access some of the local settings like VCA rules using iVMS-4200, but we don't believe you can access the TCP/UDP setting in iVMS.

Back