01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Problems with time settings on my Hikvision NVR?

Bluenose1940

Centurion!
Trusted Member
I seem to be having problems with the time showing in 'Live View' on both my NVR and via Hik-Connect on-line via IE (Edge)

All of the settings are showing as being correct but in live view it is one hour behind. On my NVR when in settings, the system time is showing as correct but the clock in the top left-hand corner is that 1 hour behind. Exactly the same with Live View in Hik-Connect

When logged-in on-line the system is set to GMT +00.00 DST is enabled and I am using NTP with uk.pool.ntp.org PORT 123 Interval 60 with March and October set correctly.

Any thoughts on this anyone please.

Also, is there a way that I can remain Logged-In on my NVR instaed of having to input my password everytime that I want to get into the menu, very irritating!

Thanks for any help that my be offered.

Hi @Bluenose1940

Is the wrong time appearing for all the cameras connected to the NVR or just one camera?
If it is just one camera, is that camera directly connected to the NVR PoE ports or connected remotely to a separate PoE injector/switch?

The wrong time is appearing on both cameras. This is the case when viewing the images via Hik-Connect (on-line via IE) or via iVMS4200 (latest version) or directly via the monitor connected to the NVR.

Both cameras are connected into the back of the NVR. The NVR is connected to the internet via a Netgear GS105 Switch.

Hi @Bluenose1940

You seem to have done everything correctly so we cannot understand why the time settings would not be correct, most often it is a firmware mismatch issue but based on previous threads I believe your firmware is up to date.

One thing it could possibly be is that your individual cameras have different time settings to the NVR and this is overriding the NVRs settings, can you please try enabling Virtual Host and log into each camera to check their individual time settings.

If those time settings are the same as the NVRs then the only other thing I could think to recommend would be to go into the NVR maintenance menu and reboot the NVR.

I am still having this problem with the time and just cannot seem to overcome it. I have tried activating the 'Virtual Host' option but when I click on one of the IP addresses in the 'join' column it asks me to log in again. I have tried all of the passwords that I have used with my CCTV system but I keep getting the message that some or all of it is wrong. I can log in perfectly to the system via my browser but I just can't proceed any further.

I just wish that I could set my whole system up without the need for passwords but that doesn't seem to be an option either.

Anyone have any more thoughts on how can sort out the time problem please? All of the settings on the NVR and the internet browser are showing the correct time but, it is still an hour behind when in 'live view' on the NVR and the browser.

many thanks for any help.

You can check all the following either on a locally connected monitor or using the browser. If you're able to look at it on a monitor connected directly to the NVR, click the icon for Settings > General (I forget which model of NVR you have). You should see the following:

Time Zone: (GMT+00:00) Dublin, Edinburgh
System Time: Should show the current time. If it doesn't - correct it so that at least the hours and minutes are correct (regardless of NTP being on)
Enable DST: Should be ticked
Start Time: Last Sunday in March at 1:00 AM
End Time: Last Sunday in October at 2:00 AM
DST Bias: 60 Minutes

Then check Settings > Network > TCP/IP and click the NTP tab:
Enable: should be ticked
Interval: 60
NTP Server: uk.pool.ntp.org
NTP Port: 123

Finally click the Camera icon > IP Camera. If you see thumbnail images of the cameras, click the icon to put them in list view (usually in the top right corner). On each of your cameras in the list, just after its IP address you'll see the edit column. Click that edit icon and the 'Edit IP Camera' box pops up. Toward the bottom you should see an option 'Enable IP Camera Time Sync' - make sure that is ticked and click ok. Repeat for each camera.

Those settings should keep it right. The NVR time and timezone is set correctly, the NTP checks and corrects it if necessary once an hour and the NVR serves that correct time to the connected cameras.

To do the above using the web browser A little different...In the image below normally I'd set the timezone first, then the daylight savings as required, then click manual time sync, sync to computer time before switching back to NTP (you do the daylight savings before setting the time otherwise depending on the time of year, you'll immediately put it out by an hour):

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 17.37.29.png

Then to check the camera time is sync'd you'd go to the page shown below:

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 17.44.23.png

Click that 'edit' icon at the end to show this screen:

Screenshot 2023-05-30 at 17.46.50.png

Where you can check the 'Network Camera Time Sync' box (your NVR may word it a little differently)

it asks me to log in again. I have tried all of the passwords that I have used with my CCTV system but I keep getting the message that some or all of it is wrong. I can log in perfectly to the system via my browser but I just can't proceed any further.
You shouldn't need to access the camera to sort this time issue out, so I wouldn't mess around in there if possible.

However for reference, the login pops up a second time as you're seeing, as that page that appears is the cameras web menu rather than the NVRs (although they look identical). The username will be 'admin'. It may be that your cameras have a different admin password to the NVR but you can find out what it is. For this you do need to be on the local monitor (not web browser):

• Click on the camera icon
  • Get your camera details to show in a list
  • At the top left above the list you'll see a box 'Show Password' - tick it
  • A box will pop up asking for your NVR admin password. Carefully click it in using the onscreen keyboard and click 'Next' (use the eye icon so you can see what you're typing)
  • The Password column will populate with the camera passwords
You can then use that going forward when logging into the camera with Virtual Host.

Last edited:
WOW! That is some reply JB1970, thank you so much for the time and effort that you must have put into my query.

I will work through this methodically and report back. Thank you again. Much appreciated.

EDIT: Right then. I have just worked through your instructions using my monitor which is connected directly to the NVR (DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) and everything is already set up as you suggest. However, when I go into the edit section of the camera, all that I can see is 'Adding Method' which is populated with 'Plug and Play' the other option being 'Manual'. Everything else on the edit screen is greyed out and I cannot see an option to 'Enable IP Camera time sync'

I am now going to follow your instructions using the browser.

EDIT: EDIT: Cracked it! Brilliant thank you. Browser Live View and NVR Monitor now showing correct times. Thanks a million

Last edited:
WOW! That is some reply JB1970, thank you so much for the time and effort that you must have put into my query.

I will work through this methodically and report back. Thank you again. Much appreciated.

EDIT: Right then. I have just worked through your instructions using my monitor which is connected directly to the NVR (DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) and everything is already set up as you suggest. However, when I go into the edit section of the camera, all that I can see is 'Adding Method' which is populated with 'Plug and Play' the other option being 'Manual'. Everything else on the edit screen is greyed out and I cannot see an option to 'Enable IP Camera time sync'

I am now going to follow your instructions using the browser.
Ok. It may look slightly different depending on the NVR model. I've just had a look at another (older) NVR model using the browser. If when using the browser you don't see the individual edit icon at the end of the line that has the camera details then:

Camera Management > IP Channel. Click the line for the first camera and click edit at the top of the screen to show the pop up. Even if it's plug and play there should be a box marked 'IP Camera Time Sync' at the bottom

Ok. It may look slightly different depending on the NVR model. I've just had a look at another (older) NVR model using the browser. If when using the browser you don't see the individual edit icon at the end of the line that has the camera details then:

Camera Management > IP Channel. Click the line for the first camera and click edit at the top of the screen to show the pop up. Even if it's plug and play there should be a box marked 'IP Camera Time Sync' at the bottom
I have just backtracked to the 'edit' box but definitely no such option appears. I've just gone back into Live View on my monitor and the damn thing has gone back to an hour behind again. The Live View on the browser is still showing the correct time.

I have just backtracked to the 'edit' box but definitely no such option appears. I've just gone back into Live View on my monitor and the damn thing has gone back to an hour behind again. The Live View on the browser is still showing the correct time.
Unusual - what model of NVR is it?

Another thought. Are you using the Hik-Connect service - is your NVR Online and Linked in Network > Advanced > Platform Access?

I'm wondering if you have the Time Sync for Hik-Connect enabled there and it's conflicting with what you've set up for Daylight Savings and NTP. If so Disable Hik-Connect Time Sync and Apply.

NVR is a DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B). I have looked at the Hik-Connect app on my phone and that is working fine and is showing the correct time. I have gone through all of the settings menu and cannot find anything to do with the time sync and so if it is on, I can't disable it.

NVR is a DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B). I have looked at the Hik-Connect app on my phone and that is working fine and is showing the correct time. I have gone through all of the settings menu and cannot find anything to do with the time sync and so if it is on, I can't disable it.
You need to check that setting on the NVR itself (not app or browser) in network settings. Though it will only apply if your NVR is registered with Hik-Connect

You need to check that setting on the NVR itself (not app or browser) in network settings. Though it will only apply if your NVR is registered with Hik-Connect
I can't see any reference to Hik-Connect on my NVR. I have trawled through all of the settings too.

I can't see any reference to Hik-Connect on my NVR. I have trawled through all of the settings too.
You may have to click in the lower left corner to switch to the advanced menu. It toggles between easy and advanced

I have just clicked on an icon in the top right hand corner of my NVR screen and when I put the mouse pointer over it brings up the words Hik-Connect and then a click on it displays one of those Q codes ( I think that's what they're called), I think that you need to point your phone at it to enable something. I'm not sure if that's going to help any.

EDIT: I have just looked at the camera live view on the browser and it is showing the correct time. I also have a separate window open on the browser and am looking at the live view of the NVR and that is still an hour behind. However, in the configuration menu of both, the times are absolutely correct.

This is all very frustrating and makes you want to tear your hair out!

Last edited:
I have just clicked on an icon in the top right hand corner of my NVR screen and when I put the mouse pointer over it brings up the words Hik-Connect and then a click on it displays one of those Q codes ( I think that's what they're called), I think that you need to point your phone at it to enable something. I'm not sure if that's going to help any.

EDIT: I have just looked at the camera live view on the browser and it is showing the correct time. I also have a separate window open on the browser and am looking at the live view of the NVR and that is still an hour behind.

This is all very frustrating and makes you want to tear your hair out!
I'm out of ideas unfortunately. I've never had an issue like that. Ignore the Hik-Connect time sync as it sounds like you're not using the service (I seem to remember helping you set up port forwarding so you're connected direct). It can only be the timezone at fault or that you've set the daylight saving dates correctly but not enabled the box that switches them on.

I'm out of ideas unfortunately. I've never had an issue like that. Ignore the Hik-Connect time sync as it sounds like you're not using the service (I seem to remember helping you set up port forwarding so you're connected direct). It can only be the timezone at fault or that you've set the daylight saving dates correctly but not enabled the box that switches them on.
I have just read something about an NTP Server that appears to ensure the accuracy of the time and date. Is this something that I need to take a look at and what exactly is it?

Thanks again for all your efforts on this.

Back