01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Setting my HikVision iDS-7208HUHI-M1/S to record for 30 days?

ANT

Dear all,
whether the DVR has the ability to determine the number of recording days?
For example, it is extremely important to me that it records for 30 days, neither -1 nor +1 day, regardless of the size of the HDD.
If possible, can I ask you to explain the steps?
Thank you very much!

Best regards,

SANT

Hi @ANT

If you log in to the DVR and go to Configuration > Storage > Schedule Settings you should see an Advanced button.

Click this and a box will pop up with several advanced settings including the option to set the number of days that recordings are held for.

If you want to record continuously for only 30 days you will need to make sure you actually have enough HDD space to record slightly more than 30 days of recording because if your storage space is too small you won't be able to record 30 days to begin with.

If you are unsure of the storage capacity you'll need, let us know the number of cameras you have connected to the DVR and their resolution and we'll be able to do a rough calculation for you.

Upvote 0
Hi @ANT

If you log in to the DVR and go to Configuration > Storage > Schedule Settings you should see an Advanced button.

Click this and a box will pop up with several advanced settings including the option to set the number of days that recordings are held for.

If you want to record continuously for only 30 days you will need to make sure you actually have enough HDD space to record slightly more than 30 days of recording because if your storage space is too small you won't be able to record 30 days to begin with.

If you are unsure of the storage capacity you'll need, let us know the number of cameras you have connected to the DVR and their resolution and we'll be able to do a rough calculation for you.
Hi @Dan,
Thank you for your swift responding!
I have 8TB HDD and 7cam.

Upvote 0
Thanks @ANT

What resolution are those 7 cameras?
Sorry for a late replay.
-Isd-2208HUHI-M 1/S
- 8TB HDD
-7 cam: DS-2CE78H0T-IT3, 2.8mm, 5MP
it is extremely important to me that it records for 30 days.

Please help with advice.
Best regards,
ANT

Upvote 0
Thanks @ANT

So it is probably unlikely that you will be able to get 30 days of continuous recording using an 8TB HDD if all 7 cameras are set to their maximum video settings.

If you were to reduce the frame rate (around 15fps) and reduce the video quality (e.g. Medium rather than High) this might allow you to achieve around 30 days of recording.

Once you are able to record around 30-40 days you should be able to go into the DVR storage settings and set it to record a maximum of 30 days before it overwrites.

If you have had the system set up since you originally posted then the cameras have been recording for more than 30 days, if you go into the playback now you can check what the oldest recordings are to confirm how many days the DVR is recording, if it's less than 30 days you need to change the camera settings to reduce how much storage the cameras use and if you are recording more than 30 days you can go to the storage settings to set the 30-day limit.

Upvote 0
Thanks @ANT

So it is probably unlikely that you will be able to get 30 days of continuous recording using an 8TB HDD if all 7 cameras are set to their maximum video settings.

If you were to reduce the frame rate (around 15fps) and reduce the video quality (e.g. Medium rather than High) this might allow you to achieve around 30 days of recording.

Once you are able to record around 30-40 days you should be able to go into the DVR storage settings and set it to record a maximum of 30 days before it overwrites.

If you have had the system set up since you originally posted then the cameras have been recording for more than 30 days, if you go into the playback now you can check what the oldest recordings are to confirm how many days the DVR is recording, if it's less than 30 days you need to change the camera settings to reduce how much storage the cameras use and if you are recording more than 30 days you can go to the storage settings to set the 30-day limit.
Than You very much @Dan

Would buying a smaller capacity HDD solve the problem with the request?

Upvote 0
Hi @ANT

No, using a smaller HDD is less likely to store 30 days than your current 8TB HDD.

If you read ALL of my last post in this thread, you will see I have suggested that if you adjust some settings it should be possible to get 30 days of recording on an 8TB HDD.

Reactions: ANT
Upvote 0
Back