01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

upload via FTP only 1 ( one) still image at a time

brouklis

Hello ,
I'm using a Hikvision ip camera

Model: DS-2CD2125FWD-IS
firmware: DS-2CD2125FWD-IS
Web version: V4.0.1 build 190506

Is there a way to upload via FTP only 1 ( one) still image at a time and overwrite it for example every 1 minute.?
I need this for uploading and updating a webcam image on my website.
Normally the camera sends each image with a different name in a daily folder on my server. What I really want is to have only one image each time and use it to show on my website.
It would be very helpfull for my webcamera sites as I need this to run with a stand-alone ip camera.
I know other ip camera brands do this but could I do this with this hikvision model or other models?
Best regards,
Dimitris

I thought that this was now inherently possible within the camera.
For a while it was a differentiator e.g. Axis allowed you to edit the filename, but Hikvision did not.
I thought Hikvision now allowed you a choice of naming.
Are you running THE latest firmware?
Perhaps it's only editable on newer generation cameras?

I know that all axis cameras do exactly what I want.
The hikvision camera model I use has the ftp option but it would only allow me to sent pictures every X seconds./minutes/hours etc to a remote server folder.
However the pictures are stored with a prefix of my choice BUT the prefix is followed but a whole lot of numbers that look like this :
(my prefix)_C68874734_20200615162222722_TIMING.jpg.
this is not useful as I really need to have ONLY ONE picture saved and renamed every time.

I know that this can be done with third party aplications as David above mentions, ( I use one my self) but I would like to be able to sell one of this cameras and offer a "plug and play" solution to our clients.

Back