01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Which Hikvision door bell camera to replace Ring and avoid subscription charges?

shw

I’m thinking of buying a hik vision doorbell (not sure which one ) as I’m fed up of paying ring subs which keep going up and up … so I have some questions…

1/ Are they wifi .. because all my 8 ports are used on my nvr
2/ does do the same functions as the ring doorbell in terms of use
3/ does it work with the hik connect app
4/ is it subs free
5/ which doorbell should I buy

Is there anything else I need to think about ?

Hi
1) doorbell don't connect to NVR, you can use 12V adapter and router (or PoE switch)
2) if you use doorbell without indoor unit, you can recieve call and answer/open doors through mobile app
3)yes it does ( DS-KV6113 and KV8113)
4)what do you mean by subs?
5)you can only use DS-KV6113 and KV8113, those two can connect to hik-connect without mobile app

You need to think about power cable and adapter for electric bolt on your doors, outdoor unit only has relay

Ok thanks … subs I mean yearly subscription's payments

Hi @shw and @KamirZG ...

The doorbells Kamir mentions are PoE ... better than Wi-Fi if you can get the necessary cabling in... they have more reliable connections than Wi-Fi doorbells and do have more capabilities like indoor stations and opening doors.

Hikvision does have the DS-HD2 doorbell which is Wi-Fi and works with Hik-connect... I have one recording 24/7 to my NVR but you will probably have an issue if you are already have 8 cameras on your 8 port NVR... in order to connect/record a doorbell to your NVR you would need to turn off one of the PoE ports so a channel can be allocated to the doorbell.

The DS-HD2 functions more or less like a Ring doorbell but you can avoid subscription fees by recording to an NVR 24/7 or inserting a cheap micro-SD-card to record just events... best to do both as the Hik-connect app notifications won't show the recordings from the NVR as events otherwise... let us know what NVR you have and if you will be able to free up a port or not, and whether PoE/wiring is an option or not... then we can give better advice.

DS-HD2

Uh oh, as I went to attach the link to the DS-HD2 I realized it may only be available in the US and Canada? I guess let us know your "region" too.

I use a dumb doorbell which I hook up to my smartthings so I get a notification on my phone then I can use my hikvision camera to talk. No subs, just a capital outlay

Back