01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Why is my 'live' view so bad?

BigAl

Looking at my system via IE, the images are out of focus, some camera's take what seems like ages to load.

I start with a screen divided by 9, the main camera, a PTZ displays very badly in live view via the front end interface (IE), yet when I go into 'Configuration', 'Camera Management' and then over to the far right and 'connect' directly, the images are pin sharp.

This has only happened since I upgraded the front end IE display.

As you can see in the image attached. the top half is the camera direct, the bottom half is through the IE interface.

And I have also noticed in Live IE view just selecting one camera, the time stalls, then jumps, then stalls, then jumps etc.

Attachments

• plates2.jpg
    plates2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Hi @BigAl

Usually when viewing multiple cameras when logged into an NVR using a browser the cameras will stream in the lower sub-stream resolution. If you set the camera split to just one camera and then manually switch the camera to main-stream (this can be done either by clicking the symbol marked with a '2' next to the camera in the live view device list or by clicking the same icon at the bottom right of the live view).

Hi @BigAl

Usually when viewing multiple cameras when logged into an NVR using a browser the cameras will stream in the lower sub-stream resolution. If you set the camera split to just one camera and then manually switch the camera to main-stream (this can be done either by clicking the symbol marked with a '2' next to the camera in the live view device list or by clicking the same icon at the bottom right of the live view).
Thanks Dan, but this problem seems to have only appeared since the new IE interface.

I run 5 cameras off this NVR, 3 PTZ's and 2 static. 2 of the PTZ's have their own PoE power supply.

I have rebooted the system back to Factory Default about 5 times and I think initially it is OK, but then when I change the settings to UK settings, like Time, BST/GMT, date format etc I notice this problem reoccurs.

I'll reboot is again later or tomorrow and I'll note every change I make and see if I can work out what causes it.

Where would the upgraded IE interface have come from, was it within the upgrade of the NVR firmware?

Maybe I can downgrade it back to an earlier version, and see if I'm back to normal.

My NVR is a DS-7608NI-I2 / 8P with V4.51.025 build 210927 Firmware.

The main PTZ is a DS-2DF8236i-AELW with V5.5.2 build 180723 Firmware.

I suppose the upside of this is that it is the system on my house, so I do not have a customer breathing down my neck, and I can spend my own time trying to solve the problem.

The annoying thing is, it use to be very good, like for the last 4 - 5 years.

It must be the IE Interface or the settings attached too, as I wrote, the camera's are perfect direct and through my Android with Hik-Connect.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Back