01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect app notifications have stopped working

mattcandy

Hi there - have a setup at home installed a couple of months ago with 14* 8mp accusense cameras and hik vision NVR.
All been working well, and line detection and intrusion detection smart events triggering notifications on my mobile on the hik-connect app, and then in there I can see the short video of the event.

Then, since thursday, I've had none of these coming through.... the main one that triggers all the time is the line detection by gate to our house when somebody crosses it.

On the NVR, if I go and look on the connected monitor, I can see that the smart events are being logged and triggered correctly, so camera and NVR working.... but its not alerting through to the app on my phone since Thursday. I have tried rebooting the NVR
Nothing has changed and I haven't changed anything on the setup.

Has there been an update on the HIK Connect app which has broken this...?
Notifications are enabled in the app.

Any ideas...?

thanks, matt

Last edited:
Firstly double check on the NVR in the event settings that the "notify surveillance centre" action is still checked - though as it was working previously that's unlikely to have changed. Then check system, network, advanced, platform access and ensure that the Hik Connect status is showing as online. If those settings are OK (you've already rebooted the NVR) - try logging out of Hik Connect in the app and logging back in again and rebooting your phone.

Lastly and this is a long shot. Do you have Pyronix Pro Control app for an alarm system? I've found a bizarre issue where the two apps conflict as both use the same Hik Connect login and this prevented me getting notifications.

Hi - yep, notify surveillance centre still checked.
And its online as I can view the cameras live from the HIK Connect app.
Have also tried logging out and logging back in on the app on phone. will try and phone reboot as well.

No - texecom alarm system, rather than pyronix.

Just seems like something has broken either HikVision side... or on the app with a recent update.

Really really strange.

Hi - yep, notify surveillance centre still checked.
And its online as I can view the cameras live from the HIK Connect app.
Have also tried logging out and logging back in on the app on phone. will try and phone reboot as well.

No - texecom alarm system, rather than pyronix.

Just seems like something has broken either HikVision side... or on the app with a recent update.

Really really strange.

Mine are working normally again but either the latest NVR firmware or the latest Hik Connect version has broken it so that alarms from the recorders wired inputs can no longer be played back :-( But that's Hikvision for you 2 steps forward and 3 back.

How about your network? Anything changed there? The preference is to use 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 for the NVR DNS rather than your ISP's default.

Hi - no - literally nothing changed!! THe only thing that could have done would be the upgrading of the HIK Connect app on phones as this happens automatically, or iOS update. nothing changed on NVR/Camera side. and just tried and tested and the system is working fine and capturing the smart event on NVR but no alert to phone. have just tried removing HIK connect app on phone and re installing it... but still not good :( :(

Hi - no - literally nothing changed!! THe only thing that could have done would be the upgrading of the HIK Connect app on phones as this happens automatically, or iOS update. nothing changed on NVR/Camera side. and just tried and tested and the system is working fine and capturing the smart event on NVR but no alert to phone. have just tried removing HIK connect app on phone and re installing it... but still not good :( :(

I had similar issue for a while a couple of months ago. I faffed around in the NVR settings disabling, re enabling Hik connect and messing around with the server address - litedev.eu.hik-connect.com. Eventually it started working normally again but I've no idea why.

I've never liked Hik Connect, and for my customers I use the older iVMS 4500 app and set them up with a Dyn DNS domain name if they don't have a static IP or have Virgin Media as ISP. It requires port forwarding this way, but your not having to use Hik Connect server at all. On the downside the notifications are pushed to the iOS notification area and don't appear within the app until you acknowledge it in the notification area.

I’ve had some of those issues however the main issue I have since upgrading to 4.5.0 is that the intercom now rings as a phone call, you swipe to answer but there is no video, there is an option in the answered window to transfer into the Hikvision app however 99% it opens the app but at the main camera page not within the intercom page and then doesn’t work, you can not speak to people or open the door. I do not have the app set to open at the last screen so it is not that issue.

One more thing to try: please enable/configure email alerts. Even if you don't need them try at least temporarily.
My notifications worked spotlessly for 1 year. Then out of the blue they became extremely unreliable (maybe 1 out of 10). And success ratio fluctuates from one month to another.

Enabling email notification cured all problems instantly (although I disabled that again as I was getting too many emails).

very wierd. suddently starting working again on all devices a couple of days ago. they must have had a backend issue Im guessing.
thankkyou all for help.

Hi there - have a setup at home installed a couple of months ago with 14* 8mp accusense cameras and hik vision NVR.
All been working well, and line detection and intrusion detection smart events triggering notifications on my mobile on the hik-connect app, and then in there I can see the short video of the event.

Then, since thursday, I've had none of these coming through.... the main one that triggers all the time is the line detection by gate to our house when somebody crosses it.

On the NVR, if I go and look on the connected monitor, I can see that the smart events are being logged and triggered correctly, so camera and NVR working.... but its not alerting through to the app on my phone since Thursday. I have tried rebooting the NVR
Nothing has changed and I haven't changed anything on the setup.

Has there been an update on the HIK Connect app which has broken this...?
Notifications are enabled in the app.

Any ideas...?

thanks, matt
Did you get an answer Matt.??
I have a very similar set up to yourself and exactly the same has happened to mine.?!
ive tried everything but it has not resolved the issue. Deleted the app, reinstalled the app, rebooted the NVR, deleted the whole arming schedule, reinstalled the schedule, reselected Notify surveillance centre etc and still the audio not coming through on my the Video capture..
But today, not even that works anymore. Loaded the latest firmware to the NVR, been in every phone setting you can think of... All my notifications come through with audio on all my apps.
it used to work fine with the ProControl+ app with alarm notifications, but the cctv just stopped. Have put the cctv on its own Hik app and still nothing.! Not any push notifications at all..!! It’s doing my head in.!! Any ideas would be welcome as I’ve ran out of ideas..?

Did you get an answer Matt.??
I have a very similar set up to yourself and exactly the same has happened to mine.?!
ive tried everything but it has not resolved the issue. Deleted the app, reinstalled the app, rebooted the NVR, deleted the whole arming schedule, reinstalled the schedule, reselected Notify surveillance centre etc and still the audio not coming through on my the Video capture..
But today, not even that works anymore. Loaded the latest firmware to the NVR, been in every phone setting you can think of... All my notifications come through with audio on all my apps.
it used to work fine with the ProControl+ app with alarm notifications, but the cctv just stopped. Have put the cctv on its own Hik app and still nothing.! Not any push notifications at all..!! It’s doing my head in.!! Any ideas would be welcome as I’ve ran out of ideas..?

Did you deregister the CCTV from ProControl before putting it in Hik Connect? I had an e mail from Pyronix last week regarding the method for migrating a system between the two as login details can no longer be shared between the two apps - it might be irrelevant but just a thought

Edit : The Pyronix tech bulletin was on 29/09

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Matt. Yes, I de registered the ProControl app so there would be no conflict when sending notifications.
“BUT” I’ve found the problem 10mins ago.
Or I should say my wife did. “She said you dyslexic shite” you have the wrong date in.!!

As soon as she said it, I knew instantly that was the issue. Adjusted time & date on the NVR, Went outside and tried the line crossing & hey presto, audio & video notifications to all phones..
Can’t believe I done that, but hey hoo..
over the moon it all works as it should.
thanks for your reply.

I had a similar issue.
2 units of DS-2CD2386G2-IU (running 5.5.131 build 200220) with identical set up were working perfectly sending event notifications to iOS Hik-Connect (using Hik-Connect as Platform Access Mode in Network/Advanced Settings)
They are directly connected to ISP router.

Notifications stopped for 1 camera although log files on camera showed alarm events being correctly triggered by movement.
Tried various delete cam from app, turn notifications off/on, reboot etc - nothing worked.
In the end used the System/Maintenance menu to "Default" the camera and reapplied previous settings except using a different password for Platform Access Verification Code. Problem appears to have gone for now.....

Not a great solution but at least it is working again and my sanity preserved.

Back