01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How to revive a (supposedly) dead cam DS-2DE3A400BW-DE (F1) (S5)

Gagi

Hi,
I´ve sent a new firmware to my hikvision cam....then the cam did not boot any more.
I couldn´t reach the cam anymore, not by web gui, sadp, batch configurator...nothing seems to work.
I´ve read many postings across the web and tried a Hard reset with the ( in my case hidden ) Reset-Button.
No success with all attempts I have tried.

Since 3 days I have tried to revive the cam by tftp from hikvision and other tftp tools but the firmware is too big for transferring by tftp.
So I searched for another possibility to revive the cam.

I found in a posting how to reflash the cam by python 2.7.13 + right Firmware + Python script ( hikvision_tftpd.py ) and it worked.

I´ve nothing to do with python or scripts but I managed it by myself. Don´t throw your cams away after uploading a wrong firmware or if there is no response after uploading a new Firmware. Try it with the three things written above...It is worth it.

GOOD LUCK

Hikvision PTZ cameras
Hi @Gagi

Thanks for this advice, I'm sure it will be useful to some Hikvision users.

Can you confirm which firmware version you tried to update to when the camera stopped working?

Hi Dan,
i think i´ve tried to update with the Firmware IPDE_G3_EN_STD_5.5.820_220525....after upgrading no booting, no connection by web gui or by nvr. The cam was (dead) and no more connection to it.

Thanks @Gagi

Where did you find this v5.5.820 firmware?
What firmware is the camera currently running?

Hello,
i´ve downloaded the firmware from the download portal europe ( see pic below ) and installed it. After that the camera was dead. After about 2 months, I thought I'd try to see if anything was working at all, so I disassembled the camera a bit. I saw that the led in the camera lit up parallel to the led on the laptop and thought I'd look on the web to see how I could possibly make contact with the camera. I came across Hikvision TFTP loader...that was the first time I saw that the camera was still communicating. However, I could not load the firmware with the TFTP programme because the file is too big. So I found the method with python and after 3 days of desperate work it worked.

The firmware that is currently running on the cam is Firmware_V5.5.803_211112.

AND ALL WORKS FINE !!!!!!!

Screenshot 2023-08-31 164653.png

Thanks @Gagi

That explains it then, that firmware is for specific DS-2DExxxx(S5) models and if you look at the release notes from that folder you will see the below table of cameras that use that firmware.
Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 16.05.44.png

Your model is not supported by this firmware because although your part code does start with DS-2DE, your model actually uses a specific DS-2DE3Axxx(S5) firmware which can be found HERE

You will see that firmware that you are currently running is actually newer than the firmware in the download portal, this suggests that either your camera was shipped with a newer firmware already installed or it has a custom/region-specific (e.g. non-UK/EU) firmware installed.

The confusion is not your fault, as Hikvision has rolled out more new models and upgraded versions of existing models (e.g. S5, S6, T5) the number of firmware versions and firmware families/categories has increased and become more and more specific to a smaller number of models (e.g. that firmware I've linked to above is only applicable to the 2 or 3 Hikvision ColorVu PT cameras).

Thanks Dan,
at the EU ( Netherlands ) Download Portal you can´t find any Firmware for DS-2DE3A400BW-DE(F1)(S5) (B). I found that Firmware_V5.5.803_211112 at the Philippines ( English ) site. I thought it is a newer Version, so i upgraded it and all works fine ( NOW ).

Reactions: Dan
Back