01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for G3 Series cameras (2xx6G2/2xx7G2/3xx6G2/3xx7G2) - V5.5.160

mtv: what camera and firmware are you running?
I tried with a new out-of-the-box 2386(C), no firmware upgrade, and its just NOT able to record anything. I tried switching from smart event mode to monitoring mode, still not able to record. I can see in iVMS-4200 that a motion can trigger record, the little red bell appears in the corner, but if I try to playback I get: No record files found. SD card formatted and running fine, just as they should.

I can't be that Hikvision released a series of these cameras that are not able to record..!!!?? it sounds impossible and it would more likely to be me that has made a mistake. But I just can't see what that mistake is since it worked with the 3 non-C versions of the same model I just pulled down from the installation and returned. And the old 2355 I had several of, with the same settings, works.
@DK_CAM

I’m running 2 of the ds-2cd2047g2-LU with G3 firmware and 1 = G5 so (C).

Firmware G3 = V5.5.160 build 210416
Firmware G5 = V5.5.114 build 210512

this G5 is also doing things less then the G3 version.

all are connected to an hikvision nvr 7604NI-1K/4P (B).

i was adviced after a upgrade to do an entire reset within IE, but hat doesn’t changed anything.

i use smart events. i see the event appear (live view)within the nvr, event markers pop up, which in G3 reflects in a event marker picture, but in G5 no even marker appear on the picture.
i have no sd card in the cam, so i’ve no experience with saving there.

i do recognizd your experience with non (c) models, it looks like the g5 version are badly programmed.

Hi @Dan

A quick note to say that Hikvision has released a new firmware for G3 platform cameras on it's UK Download Portal. This seems to be contrary to earlier advice from Hikvision that v5.5.160 would be the last release for G3 platform devices.

The new firmware is v5.5.800 and located here:

Not sure what is new but would appreciate if you could ask Hikvision.

I had the following sent to me from Hikvision the other day (but dated June!) regarding security vulnerabilities and the release of patched firmware. When I checked at the time there was no new firmware available for any of the models affected. It may be the announcement was sent prior to the updates going on the portal.

18 June 2021
Dear Valued Partner,
Today, Hikvision has issued updated firmware on our portal: HIKVISION UK PORTAL that fixes a critical Command Injection Vulnerability in the webserver of some Hikvision products. The list of products affected by the vulnerability can be accessed through the Security Advisory on our website.
We recognize that many of our partners may have installed Hikvision equipment that is affected by this vulnerability, and we strongly encourage that you work with your customers to ensure proper cyber hygiene and install the updated firmware.
With this vulnerability we wanted to provide you the details and timeline to reassure you that Hikvision’s commitment to cybersecurity is strong. In June 2021, Hikvision was contacted by a security researcher, named Watchful IP, who reported a potential vulnerability in a Hikvision camera. Once we confirmed receipt of this report, Hikvision worked directly with the researcher to patch and verify the successful mitigation of the reported vulnerability, following the standard Coordinated Disclosure Process.
To date, the vulnerabilities that have been reported to Hikvision and/or made publicly known, have been patched in the latest Hikvision firmware, which is readily available on the Hikvision website.
In addition, Hikvision is a CVE Numbering Authority (CNA) and has committed to continuing to work with third-party white-hat hackers and security researchers, to find, patch, disclose and release updates to products in a timely manner that is commensurate with our CVE CNA partner companies' vulnerability management teams.
Hikvision strictly complies with the applicable laws and regulations in all countries and regions where we operate and our efforts to ensure the security of our products go beyond what is mandated.
Please do not hesitate to contact our team with any questions or concerns. Yours sincerely,
Justin Hollis
Marketing Director – UK & Ireland
Hikvision UK &Ireland
4 The Square, Stockley Park, Uxbridge, UB11 1ET Tel: +44 (0) 1628 902 140
www.hikvision.com

Can you guys please help a newb?? I bought a G2 camera because I heard you could set up the white LED lights to be triggered by motion detection. However, I do not see the "LED Light" option under the Linkage Method as it shows at 24:51 in this youtube video:

I have the following camera: DS-2CD2347G2-LU

Firmware is V5.5.801 and here's screen shots:

View attachment 6653
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 12.24.04 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 12.24.14 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 12.40.21 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 12.40.21 AM.png
    223.3 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
Can you guys please help a newb?? I bought a G2 camera because I heard you could set up the white LED lights to be triggered by motion detection. However, I do not see the "LED Light" option under the Linkage Method as it shows at 24:51 in this youtube video:

I have the following camera: DS-2CD2347G2-LU

And here's screen shots:

View attachment 6653
View attachment 6654
View attachment 6655
Answered here:

Ouch, so it's just gone?? Is there anyway I can roll back the firmware to the version you posted?? Is there a newer version of this camera that does have the feature? I really need that feature as I bought this camera specifically for this feature to use in a dark alley.

Please let me know if there's anyway you guys know of a way to get this feature back.

Ouch, so it's just gone?? Is there anyway I can roll back the firmware to the version you posted?? Is there a newer version of this camera that does have the feature? I really need that feature as I bought this camera specifically for this feature to use in a dark alley.

Please let me know if there's anyway you guys know of a way to get this feature back.
All that’s gone is the ability to have it trigger on event rather than solely based on light level but it was a handy feature that immediately brought the camera to attention when activated.

If the feature is a must have, you can just load the 5.5.114 version - should be no issue.

I'm just a homeowner with basic skills, is there an easy way to roll back the firmware to 5.5.114? Will it work with just updating it through the regular process? I wouldn't think it would update to an older version of the firmware.

When you say "rather than solely based on light level" does this mean there's a way to setup the camera to turn on LED at night when motion is detected?

I'm just a homeowner with basic skills, is there an easy way to roll back the firmware to 5.5.114? Will it work with just updating it through the regular process? I wouldn't think it would update to an older version of the firmware.
Yes it would just be "updated" in the same manner. I've never had any issues dropping to a lower version (usually when I've found a bug I don't like in the new version)
When you say "rather than solely based on light level" does this mean there's a way to setup the camera to turn on LED at night when motion is detected?
By default the camera will activate the white LED when it's dark IF it's needed. If you want the LED to work only when motion is detected then currently firmware version 5.5.114 is needed to make the option available in the cameras webpage menu.

PS: It's always best to start a new thread if you've a query rather than adding to an existing unrelated one - you'll likely get a faster response

Okay, I just posted a new thread. A google search makes it sound very difficult to roll back firmware with a potential to brick the camera but if you have done this without issue I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Thanks

Hi guys.
was looking at updating my non(C) 2047G2 to the new 5.5.800 fw. I had one of the many 5.5.160 version (build 210209) and turns out i cannot update to either of the still available .160 nor to .800.
when using same tried and tested process using same machine and same browser as before i just get a brief "upgrading failed" displayed..
any thoughts on alternative methods?
Camera is connected to NVR POE port. virtual host is used.
maybe one of the user members had tried this version and managed to upgrade/downgrade somehow.
thanks.

For anyone who stumbles across this thread, it's not possible to roll back firmware to an older version without some TFTP process that may or may not work. I'm not familiar with how to do that and there's a chance the camera could brick. With that said, if anyone is looking to upgrade their firmware to the 5.5.80 I would suggest not unless you don't care about the LED light trigger with motion feature.

Not looking to downgrade. Aware of TFTP process. Some say the HIK batch config tool works for upgrades when UI fails. But not getting the tool to connect..

I was trying to respond to JB 1970's reply about being able to downgrade firmware via the regular Hikvision process of upgrading. It's not possible through the Hikvision interface. I tried and it fails.

Curious, why are you looking to upgrade your firmware? I'm assuming you don't care about being able to trigger the LED with an event?

managed to update to the later .160 version using chrome .. might try the .800 to see if the non(C) cams loose the white light linkage as well.

I finally managed to downgrade to 5.5.114 and the LED linkage is back. You are seeing it with .160 correct? if yes, maybe I'll upgrade to .160 and call it day.

Now, I just need to figure out the best settings to trigger the LED to turn on when there's motion detected in the area box. Basic event? Smart event? Which boxes to check/uncheck? etc.

My camera is recording 24-7 so I need to figure out the best settings for the LED to trigger on.

I finally managed to downgrade to 5.5.114 and the LED linkage is back. You are seeing it with .160 correct? if yes, maybe I'll upgrade to .160 and call it day.

Now, I just need to figure out the best settings to trigger the LED to turn on when there's motion detected in the area box. Basic event? Smart event? Which boxes to check/uncheck? etc.

My camera is recording 24-7 so I need to figure out the best settings for the LED to trigger on.
You have a g5 firmware cam, as you mentioned in your other post. There is no .160 for the g5 firmware. Only 114 and then the .800, but there are the lights not available anymore.

Got it, I will stick with what I have. Thanks again.

There's not a possibility of setting up the LED to only turn on at night during an event like between 8pm and 6am is there? As it's configured right now, the light comes on with motion during daytime hours too.

Got it, I will stick with what I have. Thanks again.

There's not a possibility of setting up the LED to only turn on at night during an event like between 8pm and 6am is there? As it's configured right now, the light comes on with motion during daytime hours too.
maybe you can check on image / day-night setting to look if there is an option to let the light shine all night if that is what you want.

if you only want the extra light put on on a event, while you say recording is on for 24/7, i think you might set up the event and look at arming schedule to let it run only during night. you find then the option with selecting the light with an event to set an amount of seconds to light up.

I had the following sent to me from Hikvision the other day (but dated June!) regarding security vulnerabilities and the release of patched firmware. When I checked at the time there was no new firmware available for any of the models affected. It may be the announcement was sent prior to the updates going on the portal.

18 June 2021
Dear Valued Partner,
Today, Hikvision has issued updated firmware on our portal: HIKVISION UK PORTAL that fixes a critical Command Injection Vulnerability in the webserver of some Hikvision products. The list of products affected by the vulnerability can be accessed through the Security Advisory on our website.
We recognize that many of our partners may have installed Hikvision equipment that is affected by this vulnerability, and we strongly encourage that you work with your customers to ensure proper cyber hygiene and install the updated firmware.
With this vulnerability we wanted to provide you the details and timeline to reassure you that Hikvision’s commitment to cybersecurity is strong. In June 2021, Hikvision was contacted by a security researcher, named Watchful IP, who reported a potential vulnerability in a Hikvision camera. Once we confirmed receipt of this report, Hikvision worked directly with the researcher to patch and verify the successful mitigation of the reported vulnerability, following the standard Coordinated Disclosure Process.
To date, the vulnerabilities that have been reported to Hikvision and/or made publicly known, have been patched in the latest Hikvision firmware, which is readily available on the Hikvision website.
In addition, Hikvision is a CVE Numbering Authority (CNA) and has committed to continuing to work with third-party white-hat hackers and security researchers, to find, patch, disclose and release updates to products in a timely manner that is commensurate with our CVE CNA partner companies' vulnerability management teams.
Hikvision strictly complies with the applicable laws and regulations in all countries and regions where we operate and our efforts to ensure the security of our products go beyond what is mandated.
Please do not hesitate to contact our team with any questions or concerns. Yours sincerely,
Justin Hollis
Marketing Director – UK & Ireland
Hikvision UK &Ireland
4 The Square, Stockley Park, Uxbridge, UB11 1ET Tel: +44 (0) 1628 902 140
www.hikvision.com

Can anyone confirm if the "white light" trigger on motion/smart event is still working in this latest firmware release for G3 (non-C version) cameras?

I am still running some 2CD2386G2 (G3 Platform / non-C) versions that are using smart events to trigger the white supplemental LED in the camera but after reading that the last G5 platform firmware (v5.5.801) removed the white light trigger functionality (C version) I'm a little hesitant to update.

Firmware v5.5.160 has the working white light trigger on event but as there are no release notes for v5.5.800 it's not possible to know what has changed aside from the security patches.

Can anyone advise if the white light trigger on events is still working in the latest update?

Back