01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

HikVision Firmware for EasyIP 3.0 Cameras - new V5.5.4 (G1 Series cameras)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Last edited by a moderator:
This did not fix the large OSD text introduced in 5.5.3 (intermittent bug) and it seemed to break the live view when logging directly into the camera via virtual server but not when accessed via the NVR web interface. I was prompted to upgrade the web component (IE) after install and it just would say "Live View failed" when trying to view the stream. I didn't have time to troubleshoot past that and downgraded to 5.5.3, which ironically solved the large OSD problem I had on that particular camera.

Hi, We never got to the bottom of that large OSD issue - to the best of my knowledge you are only the second person to experience / report it. Myself and other users were unable to replicate it. Perhaps it is related to your IT setup, but if so it's odd that it was cured by downgrading back to the firmware version that introduced it. Sorry, I have no explanation :(

I have not yet experienced any issues with this latest V5.5.4:
Hikvision 5MP camera - what resolution setting?

Just to confirm the higher 6mp resolutions for the 5mp cameras are still available with this firmware.

Just to confirm the higher 6mp resolutions for the 5mp cameras are still available with this firmware.

Yes - please follow the link in my Post immediately before yours.

Hi, We never got to the bottom of that large OSD issue - to the best of my knowledge you are only the second person to experience / report it.

I also have this problem where the OSD are inconsistent among my cameras. I believe the problem is half of them came with 5.4.5 firmware and the other had 5.5.3 (different lot #). The ones with 5.5.3 preloaded had the bigger OSD while 5.4.5 are small. I have upgraded all of them to 5.5.3 and this problem does not go away as they are still different.

Hope this information can help solve this problem. I think the problem is there and reproducible and maybe people either don't notice it or didn't report. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back