01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Latest HikVision Firmware for G5 Series ColorVu cameras (2xx7G2(C)) - V5.7.2 (build 211228)

Kyle

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE - Hikvision has confirmed to us that this firmware is safe to use on all ColorVu cameras from the G5 platform, despite the mention of "4K" for this version in their download portals.

Hikvision has released new firmware for their G5 Series ColorVu IP cameras. The latest firmware, Version 5.72, can be downloaded here.

Note - you may need to refresh your browser when viewing the Hikvision portal to see the newly added version at the bottom of the list.

This version brings back the sought-after ability to enable the camera's built-in white light as a "Linkage Method" to the events. Meaning that this light can be set to turn on automatically when a specified event (e.g. Motion detection, Intrusion Detection and Line Crossing Detection) are triggered.

Please see this guide for instructions on how to use this feature:

There aren't currently any release notes to go with this new version, but they will be attached to this post as soon as they become available.

To check if this firmware is applicable to your ColorVu camera, log into your camera in a browser, and go to:

Configuration → System→ System Settings → Basic Information

Applicable cameras will have a "G5" in the third part of the "firmware version property" number at the bottom of this page:

G5 FW Version Propety SS.jpg

They will also have a (C) at the end of the part number on the white label on the camera or box.

As always, any feedback that you feel is worth sharing below is appreciated.

Last edited:
Hikvision has released new firmware for their 8MP G5 Series ColorVu IP cameras. The latest firmware, Version 5.72, can be downloaded here.

We've checked and Hikvision has confirmed to us that this firmware only applies to the 8MP ColorVu cameras from the G5 platform.​
I misread the post earlier and thought is was for all C DS-2CD*7-G2 models, so I installed it onto my DS-2CD2047G2-LU (C), which also gave back the white light option. It loads the firmware correct. Maybe not mentioned to be the correct one...................

Thanks for the update @mtv

We thought it would be unlikely that this only applies to the 8MP models, as all of the G5 ColorVus have always used the same firmware, regardless of the resolution.

So, I wouldn't worry about using this version on your DS-2CD2047G2-LU (C), you should be fine to keep it on your camera, but please keep us updated on any problems that you do notice.

Reactions: mtv
Thanks for the update news Kyle, I was actually considering moving on my DS-2CD2387G2-LU ColorVu cameras and going back to DarkFighters as my neighbors had shown there displeasure at the constantly on "White light".
I've setup the linkage set for 10 sec and couldn't be happier

Hi Kyle

Thanks for the update regarding the latest firmware for 8MP G5 Series ColorVu cameras

I had placed an order late last year for the 8MP G5 Series ColorVu cameras for the reason of the LED triggering, only to discover that HikVision had removed it.

Which was a big disappointment, however I also heard that it was about to return in a future update

So today I downloaded the latest Version 5.72 and yes, it’s there once you log directly into the camera.

I've read late last year that it will only allow one function at any one time, if you set say the line crossing to trigger the led. you are unable to have the LED lights to come on during night time and vice versa.

However, this isn’t the case, well not with the latest firmware, I set the LED to trigger with line crossing, and set the day/night switch to night only (for testing) and led at 20%

Once I activated the line crossing the LED went to full brightness for the 5 seconds which I set them for, then went back to the 20% brightness afterwards.

I have this camera and firmware version, however I have no option to have the led trigger.

Can you share a screenshot of the basic information please @Vauxfan - but hide the serial number.

Are you looking in the Linkage Method tab under one of the events' settings, e.g. step 5 here?

Here I think it's what you need.

Attachments

• 20220114_132607.jpg
    20220114_132607.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 343
  • 20220114_132531.jpg
    20220114_132531.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 323
  • 20220114_132700.jpg
    20220114_132700.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 346
Thank you.
Can you help me with my other issue. Drawing a line on screen and getting no markers. Setting look OK to you? Duel vca is enabled.

Attachments

• 20220114_132700.jpg
    20220114_132700.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 267
  • 20220114_135423.jpg
    20220114_135423.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 272
  • 20220114_135507.jpg
    20220114_135507.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 258
  • 20220114_140116.jpg
    20220114_140116.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 263
Last edited:
Is that the update for the camera. Is the green screen issue resolved?
What version are you using on the nvr?

Mines still gone on nvr step back. By that I mean it's showing hd in the app with out issue. Ive Not updated camera to the latest led trigger yet either

Last edited:
I just want to know if anyone trys the step back if theirs works OK again.
Then I would know for definite. I wonder is hikvision are aware?

Thanks Kyle, I can confirm that V5.7.3_211222 has the White Light Linkage removed...

(Rolling Back to previous version)

Back