01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware NVR5 firmware for the Hikvision M-series NVRs - V5.02 Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, think i'm going to skip the first two v5's and go straight onto the latest V5.02.005 build 240318 :eek:
I wouldn't. If going from V4 to V5 I'd expect the initial V5 to be the most important to update to first. Put the earliest V5 on first, then you can update to the latest one.

Hikvision PTZ cameras
What is still problematic is the loading of the timeline.

That seems to be a mystery... I'm thinking the video is being analyzed each time it's loaded... some brute force algorithm but it gets the job done... eventually.

That seems to be a mystery... I'm thinking the video is being analyzed each time it's loaded... some brute force algorithm but it gets the job done... eventually.
I tried loading playback from 'quieter' cameras; that is ones where there's little event activity. At first it looked as though that could be it, as the timeline loaded quicker. Then I selected a non AcuSense camera that has no alarms configured and that still took an age to load a timeline that has no markers. It does seem to be another M Series specific issue as I don't see it on other models.

It does take a while for the timeline to load, and i'm still on v4.63.025 (still not made the leap :()
I also thought it was dependent on how many events the app has to pull in. With few events its a matter of a second, a full days worth can take up to ten!

2 Live View does not work on my PC. I removed the old (LocalServiceComponents) add-in and installed the new one (WebPlugins) but the cameras are not displayed. (LiveView does work on the HDMI port.)

I should say that I tried rebooting the NVR and the PC.

Hi @PPeter, not sure if you resolved the live view issue but I have today updated to NVR5 (v5.02.005) and had the same issue, unable to get live view on the PC with Edge and Chrome despite downloading and installing the latest LocalServiceComponents.

Dunno why but the stream encryption key had been deleted.
Took me a while to figure out that I had to re-enter the encryption key under 'System configuration'>'Local'
This brings up the 'live view parameter' page where you enter the encryption key in the 'Stream Key' box.

Last edited:
I too had initial problems getting Live View to work with my Chrome browser. Seems Live View does not start automatically. That said, (with firmware 5.02.005) I was able to get Live View operational.

In simple terms, just manipulate the Icons (circled in yellow, see pic) and Live View came on for me.

I'm not saying this is correct or a good design..... just what I did to get it Live View operational in my browser. HTH.

LiveViewWith.5.02.005.PNG

Is it just me ? or is the Number of Alarm Outputs incorrect ?

My NVR = 1 alarm output
Camera 1 = 1 alarm output
Camera 2 = 1 alarm output

By my count, that equals 3 alarm outputs, yet the HIK firmware suggests the count = 7.
Am I missing something ?

NVR Basic Configuration.5.02.005.PNG

Is it just me ? or is the Number of Alarm Outputs incorrect ?

My NVR = 1 alarm output
Camera 1 = 1 alarm output
Camera 2 = 1 alarm output

By my count, that equals 3 alarm outputs, yet the HIK firmware suggests the count = 7.
Am I missing something ?

View attachment 10857
Well spotted. I have the NVR output plus three cameras that have an alarm output. I'd expect to see 'Number of Alarm Outputs 4' but my system also shows 7.

5.0.2.006_240328 has been released.

It doesn't appear on the firmware upgrade search for my model (7616NI-M2/16P) but does at the bottom of the UK product page. Loading it now...

For me it hasn't fixed anything - mouse scroll frame by frame is still inverted, frozen live stream of sub stream in Safari, frozen playback in Safari, no access to Zoom, Clip toolbar while in Space Rule Search.

@sportster I think you'll find your number of alarm outputs has increased from 4 to 6 (mine has increased from 7 to 10). I'm interpreting (my wild guess) the number of alarm outputs to include:
  • NVR alarm outputs
  • Camera wired outputs
  • Camera speaker
  • Camera strobe
So 1 for the NVR itself and 3 for each camera that has the speaker and strobe light.

Last edited:

It doesn't appear on the firmware upgrade search for my model (7616NI-M2/16P) but does at the bottom of the UK product page. Loading it now...

I was aware of this firmware yesterday but couldn't find it anywhere. And, as usual, its still not on the product pages for the 8ch NVR's

Last edited:
I was aware of this firmware yesterday but couldn't find it anywhere. And, as usual, its still not on the product page for the 8ch NVR's
I wouldn't be overly concerned about that. The 5.7.15 firmware is still only on one or two of the product pages for the G5 platform cameras. It seems to be a long time before the links in each page are updated. I can't see any obvious changes in .006

For me it hasn't fixed anything - mouse scroll frame by frame is still inverted, frozen live stream of sub stream in Safari, frozen playback in Safari, no access to Zoom, Clip toolbar while in Space Rule Search.

@sportster I think you'll find your number of alarm outputs has increased from 4 to 6 (mine has increased from 7 to 10). I'm interpreting (my wild guess) the number of alarm outputs to include:
  • NVR alarm outputs
  • Camera wired outputs
  • Camera speaker
  • Camera strobe
So 1 for the NVR itself and 3 for each camera that has the speaker and strobe light.
Just installed the 5.02.006 version. My alarm output count was at 7 before (with 5.02.005), and remains at 7 after (with 5.02.006). The extra counts may well be related to the camera's speaker & strobe, although in my case the alarm output counts didn't change. Color me puzzled on this one. Lol.

And after some brief testing this morning, I too am unable to find any obvious fixes in the .006 release. It's a shame HIK doesn't include some Release Notes when they cut a new release.

Hi @PPeter, not sure if you resolved the live view issue but I have today updated to NVR5 (v5.02.005) and had the same issue, unable to get live view on the PC with Edge and Chrome despite downloading and installing the latest LocalServiceComponents.

Dunno why but the stream encryption key had been deleted.
Took me a while to figure out that I had to re-enter the encryption key under 'System configuration'>'Local'
This brings up the 'live view parameter' page where you enter the encryption key in the 'Stream Key' box.
Many thanks for that. I hadn't got it working but I have now. Thanks again.

I wouldn't be overly concerned about that. The 5.7.15 firmware is still only on one or two of the product pages for the G5 platform cameras. It seems to be a long time before the links in each page are updated. I can't see any obvious changes in .006

Thanks.

Was it not for the fact that v5.02.006 was reported here, I would not know about it, as the upgrade search for my model does not show it, the product page does not currently show it, the old download portal does not show it. And of course the check for latest upgrade within the new v5 NVR GUI still does not work (and probably never will).

Why oh why does it have to be so hard for Hik to maintain one centralised location for firmware?

Thanks.

Was it not for the fact that v5.02.006 was reported here, I would not know about it, as the upgrade search for my model does not show it, the product page does not currently show it, the old download portal does not show it. And of course the check for latest upgrade within the new v5 NVR GUI still does not work (and probably never will).

Why oh why does it have to be so hard for Hik to maintain one centralised location for firmware?
Yeah, people complained about the portal being awkward to navigate, but it was the easiest way to get firmware, as if you were unsure about the revision of an NVR, you could usually work it out by finding the existing version and build in the list. Also you could get older versions when you needed to upgrade an older machine in stages. However the portals are no longer up to date, the product pages only show currently on sale models (and not older revision letters of those models), the firmware search is hit and miss, and the update mechanisms don't work (or only show an update if it's security related). It is a mess...

It is a mess...
Yes it is. Today there is also no firmware for NXI-K series. 4.82.006 disappeared from all models exept one or two and the user manual went back to 4.74.000 while previously it was 4.76.000 ......

NB If you are running V5 firmware, Hikvision have JUST publicly declared a vulnerability and recommend that you update to V5.02.006:

This thread is now locked.
Meaning you will not be able to add further Posts here.
Please feel free to start new threads on any specific issues.

Yeah its there on mine - 7608 M2, thought it would work after your post, just tried it but same error
Update on this issue below:
I've been speaking to Hikvision about this, they're going to release a fix in the next public firmware release which means you do not have to use the "Hikvision_RTSP" protocol, which doesn't allow you to set motion detection up for the villa and modular intercom main door stations (doorbells) on the NVR .

They estimate this will be available in June.

However, if you need to urgently add your doorbell using the Hikvision protocol, then you can use this customised version:

Please note that we've found this will factory reset you NVR, so you will need to add all of your cameras and configure all of your settings from scratch.
It did not affect the hard drives for us - we're still able to access all of our recordings prior to installing this customised firmware.

It's also a customised version of an earlier V5 firmware (V5.02.000), so there's a good chance it will have bugs mentioned earlier in this thread.

If you can live without motion detection on your doorbell, we recommend waiting for the public firmware release.

Currently, if you select the "Hikvision_RTSP" protocol when adding doorbells, it will work as normal but not allow you to set up motion detection.
We're recommending people wait for the new public firmware release which will contain a fix, unless you urgently need this feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back